Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Goofy little thing in Man of Steel-

They don't linger on this, it's blink and you miss it. Weird vibe the film has overall but it's charming sometimes!

edit: It's, uh, not too subtle otherwise though huh. The part where he silhouetted earth in Christ-pose was real good

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 02:57 on Jun 29, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
If I were Craig Mazin I would simply talk to the actors working on my television show. Why didn't he think of that?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

spookykid posted:

Thanks, I have a new phrase I hate.

It took me a second to realize what it implied and personally now I thoroughly love it

Ghost Leviathan posted:

apparently they had to pause a shoot so he could explain to Kubrick what a reach-around was.

This is the new greatest Film Fact

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I think one of the most frustrating trolls I've seen online was a revision of The World's Longest Joke, which reverses the punch line's wording wrt the serpent and the lever so that it's no longer a joke. This after like 20 minutes of storytelling.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
What's impressive to me is though the tie is different, they put him in the same pinstripe suit that's on the VERY different cover of the book :nws:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I've only ever seen the cover of American Psycho that had the yuppie on it, I didn't know the suddenly work safe version where he's got blood all over him was more commonplace and not worth tagging

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
My favorite part of the movie that is Fallout 3's story is when it really does pull the lovely movie cliche of having all your very capable friends refuse the test meant for you. Even the guy who's immune to being irradiated, who did it before to get a plot critical item for you. No, wanderer. It is your destiny to inhale the fart gas.

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 20:18 on Apr 17, 2024

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
For those here that primarily watch movies and don't play video games, don't worry! They're ALSO an excuse for the writer to work on his daddy issues. Try the last of us or the new god of war today, they're really cinematic!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

BioEnchanted posted:

quote:

Dinosaur piss

Hot.

Loved it whenever Captain Picard would order this