Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tytan
Sep 17, 2011

u wot m8?

Rabbit Hill posted:

My favorite subtle moment in The Usual Suspects occurs towards the end of the film, during Agent Kujan's interrogation of Verbal Kint. In one shot, Chazz Palmintieri walks behind Kevin Spacey, who is seated in a chair with the camera trained on his face in profile. While Palmintieri is in front of him, Spacey's face is completely blank. When Palmintieri steps behind him, the tiniest, barest hint of a smile appears in Spacey's eyes. By the time Palmintieri is in front of him again, his face is blank again.

It's been ages since I saw it, but I'm sure I remember a shot during that interrogation where Verbal briefly glances up at the underside of the coffee cup as the agent takes a sip from it. Of course at the end the cup is smashed, and it's revealed that the underside has the name "Kobayashi" printed on it.

I really need to watch that film again, so many little moments that you don't catch on the first viewing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU