Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

On the Pixar train, I just saw the beginning of Ratatouille, and during the part where Remy is running through Parisian houses before finding Gusteau's, he runs through a house where a dog barks at him, and looking at the shadow I'd say it's Doug, the dog from Up. Didn't confirm this anywhere but it looked an awful lot like him.

Yeah, that's him. Since the movies are made over the course of so many years, chances are they used an early version of the same model, but I think I saw it confirmed somewhere that it's Doug. They also put the little ball from Luxo Junior in all the movies, as well as A113, a classroom at CalArts. And of course John Ratzenberger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Leovinus posted:

God. When Kubrick did it, it was clever. When Shyamalan does it comes across like Baby's First Symbolism.

Unbreakable is a good movie. So is the Sixth Sense. Even Signs has good stuff in it. I think sometimes we are letting hindsight and current Shyamalan ruin the fact that he actually seemed quite good when he came around.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Just watched Cloudy with a chance of meatballs 2. Early in the film when Flint is submitting lots of inventions for the competition one of his inventions you see in the montage is a freeze ray.

he loses the competition, but later in the film when the Not-Steve Jobs villain send out his army of mech suits, their main weapon is Flints freeze ray. Bastard stole his idea.