Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Smelly posted:

Holy poo poo. :smith:

I think they just want to profit off of their famous relative

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

In Life of Brian there is this once scene.

Brian: You can't let people tell you what to do! You're all individuals!
the crowd: YES WE'RE ALL INDIVIDUALS
one guy who pipes up afterwards: Oh I'm not

Apparently that was a total adlib from a extra( who then got paid a little more because he had a speaking part)

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

beefnoodle posted:

Huh? It's in the printed/published script, credited to Dennis (which is a callback to the character of the same name in "Holy Grail"), who later turns up to buy the gourd. It is a brilliant line though.

Yeah, I'm a huge Python nerd. So?

They edited the script after the fact?

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I watched 12 Angry Men recently and one of the jurors voiced piglet.

"I just have a feeling that this guy is g-g-g-guilty."

Not particularly subtle I suppose but I went through that whole movie thing "where do I know that voice from".

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

In Les Miserables when Jean Valjean and Cosette are forced to flee to England to avoid Javert, you can see that Jean has held onto at least one of the candles that the bishop gave him at the beginning of the movie.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Aidan_702 posted:

Yeah the musical and the older films make this kinda obvious. In the Liam Neeson version you see him digging them out of the ground before he 'exposes' himself to the court

This is the first time I've seen Les Mis in any form so whoops guess I missed the boat. :shobon:

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I'd have to watch it again to be totally sure, but if I'm remembering right, the actor playing the actor playing Hitler is Mel Brooks. He plays Hitler in a lot of his movies.

Probably. He once stated that his life's goal was to reduce Hitler to a figure of such ridiculousness that no-one would ever take his ideas seriously again. Even if that means rapping

edit: checking imdb, it wasn't. But whatever enjoy the hitler rap.

Lord Lambeth has a new favorite as of 20:32 on Jan 28, 2013

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I saw Argo recently. I liked the bit at the cultural place in Iran where Tony needed to get approval for the movie. The clerk deliberately crosses out Kingdom of Iran, writes Republic of Iran in it's place, then continues to sign the approval.

Lord Lambeth has a new favorite as of 01:01 on Feb 26, 2013

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I thought one student was giving another a blowjob.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Decrepus posted:

Standing up like that?

I don't think the feet means they're literally standing up, it's just a simple way to communicate that "hey there is a person here".

probably putting way too much thought into this :spergin:

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

EchoPrima posted:

The first time Tywin Lannister is shown on screen he is gutting and skinning a stag.

My favorite part about this scene is that the actor is actually skinning a real deer there. No fancy camera or special effects there, just a man, his knife and a stag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I saw the Incredibles 2 on Saturday and well, this is a pretty big spoiler so I'm going to hide it under a black bar: The main dude supporting The Incredibles this time around is a guy Winston Deavor, who a flashy marketing dude who wants to bring the supers back. He has a sister who invents stuff for their telecom company, her name is Evelyn Deavor. try saying that name aloud a couple times. She ends up being the big bad, of course.