Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

Hughlander posted:

King Kong - All for the love of a gril

It was barbecue killed the beast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

I feel like this kind of belongs here.

https://twitter.com/wearethemutants/status/1105111127669628934?s=21

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

DandyLion posted:

I really can't remember the differences between the theatrical cut/directors cut/official directs cut, but; Is the unicorn dream only in one of those versions? Even as a kid it seems pretty coincidental for Deckard to be dreaming of something that Gaff was aware of if he's just a human...

It’s in the Director’s Cut and the Final Cut, but not the original theatrical release.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Tarantino has moved on, and now hires Zoë Bell to be the one who can’t act in his films.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

If you were interested in Baby Driver or Drive, check out Walter Hill’s The Driver (1978) which I guess was the original inspiration for both.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

RandomFerret posted:

First Blood would have been a much better movie if Rambo died. It's so obvious that the colonel was supposed to shoot him in the head at the end, everything was leading up to that moment. They even shot the scene where he's shouting about who drew first blood just like the end of old yeller.

Then somebody mentioned that they could probably squeeze out some sequels and all artistic integrity went out the window

They actually filmed the Trautman Kills Rambo ending, I think it’s a special feature on a DVD/Blu-ray release.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Krispy Wafer posted:

Apple could be an analogue to racists except no one's ever called a White supremacist sexy or sleek.

https://twitter.com/MotherJones/status/792735410539655168?s=20

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Niric posted:

The conversation is so drat good. Blow Up has to be the film with the best remakes, and all the versions seem to be great while also very specifically 60s, 70s and 80s.

Someone can probably point out a 90s version that's poo poo though?

Probably Enemy of the State.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

rydiafan posted:

Also, it ain't subtle, but the guy shouting "It's Enrico Polatzo!" after Frank takes his umpire mask off is, in my eyes, the greatest joke in human history.

I loved the way that in those films the actors who got one line were identified that way in the end credits (probably not that subtle, I admit).

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

franco posted:

Not quite the same but magician Paul Daniels did a live Halloween special in the 80s where, while performing an escape artist bit with an iron maiden, the door slammed shut on him, the screen dimmed, and an announcer in the studio told the audience to leave in an orderly fashion. Roll credits with no audio.

I saw it at the time and it freaked little me out. There were thousands of calls to the BBC asking if he was okay.

It's why when they beheaded Daniel Radcliffe on the QI Christmas special they were careful to put in a last shot showing that he was OK.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

SimonChris posted:

Slightly off-topic perhaps, but I highly recommend playing Call of the Sea, in which the protagonist is consistently delighted to discover eldritch mysteries beyond the ken of man. I am turning into a fish person who can breathe underwater? This rules!

I mean, that's also the ending of "The Shadow Over Innsmouth".

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

oldpainless posted:

T2 is fantastic in every way. My personal favorite little thing is the way Arnold cocks the shotgun on the motor cycle but what’s truly astounding is that T2 is one of the best action movies of all time but it’s still only his second best action flick

IIRC Cameron borrowed the cool shotgun-cocking thing from something John Wayne does in John Ford's Stagecoach (1939).

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Schneider Inside Her posted:

I remember thinking Michael was normal the first time I watched it, and then on rewatch realising he was just as crazy as the rest.

On his Inside The Actors Studio episode, Jason Bateman says he thinks Michael is the craziest of the lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

HopperUK posted:

I'm also watching Ozark so that's a fun adjustment to keep making.

There's a whole bunch of stuff in Ozark that's only a Ron Howard narration away from being an unusually intense episode of Arrested Development.