Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
I love this one bit in the Empire Strikes Back during the part where the Imperial Fleet are hunting for the Millennium Falcon in the asteroid field.

There's a shot where a Star Destroyer trying to navigate the field is hit in the bridge by an asteroid, which causes it to explode. This is then followed by another shot of three holograms talking to Vader, where almost immediately one of the holograms cuts out, because its from the same ship that just got itself pummeled by an asteroid.

Its not the focus of the shot so its a bit easy to miss, and I didn't catch it myself until after having seen the movie a bunch of times. I think its a nice touch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

swampland posted:

I just rewatched Hot Fuzz and a nice little detail I hadn't noticed on my first viewing was how the actors in the Romeo and Juliet play are dressed in poorly remade copies of the outfits in the Leonardo DiCaprio movie.
Also the musical number that ends the play is the song "Lovefool" by The Cardigans, which appeared on the soundtrack to the DiCaprio version.