Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Imagined posted:

Just like the hero deaths it has no impact at all because if you're an adult with any pop culture meta awareness at all you know he can't die in part 1 of a 2 part movie.

This is very wise and from now on I'm only ever going to watch the final part of anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

Cat Hatter posted:

It could also be like in Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey and the audience thought it was part of the show.

It's been a while since I watched it so I don't remember the scene though.

Pretty much happens at the end of Galaxy Quest, too, including shooting the bad guy.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

Noel Edmonds killed a man in 1986, but it was in a rehearsal and not broadcast.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Late,_Late_Breakfast_Show posted:

Death of Michael Lush and cancellation

On 13 November 1986, volunteer Michael Lush was killed during his first rehearsal for another live stunt. The stunt, called "Hang 'em High", involved bungee jumping from an exploding box suspended from a 120 ft-high crane. The carabiner clip attaching his bungee rope to the crane sprang loose from its eyebolt during the jump. He died instantly upon impact of multiple injuries, and The Late, Late Breakfast Show was cancelled on 15 November 1986 after Edmonds resigned, saying he did not "have the heart to carry on". The planned episode that was to be aired that night was replaced with a showing of the film One of Our Dinosaurs Is Missing.