Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

I once read a massive post in (I think) BYOB about how The Prestige was one enourmous prestige trick itself and the whole main plot of the film was to distract you from what was really going on, however I was drunk and forgot it all and couldn't find it again - did I actually dream it?

And to contribute, with something from these forums themselves, in The Fifth Element, the only Contact Bruce Willis and Gary Oldman's characters have is when Willis gets fired from his job by Oldman (albeit somewhat indirectly) , otherwise despite being the hero and villain they never meet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

eating only apples posted:

The closest they come is when Dallas enters an elevator when escaping Fhloston Paradise; two seconds later, Zorg exits the neighbouring elevator.

I was going to put that in but I though it was superfluous :(

Near the beginning of the film when they're in the "reactor" or whatever it is and go through a UV cleaning room, the scientist guy has terrible UV dandruff which I hope is a nice touch from the director rather than real.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

El Negocio posted:

The Animals pig also makes a cameo in Children of Men (it can be seen more clearly in a later interior shot).

Hmm, I see that in the future the Millennium bridge has been moved to Battersea, I guess maybe people decided it wasn't very appropriate as we got further from 2000!

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

strangeless posted:

Who will play the voice of Walter the Wobot in the sequel?

Gilbert Gottfried.