Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It’s TJ Maxx in America and TK Maxx in any other country they operate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Is that a troll post I’m so confused

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Austin Powers 2 is still pretty good. The third one sucks rear end though outside of the opening sequence

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Jestery posted:

I will argue that the second Spiderman with Tobey Maguire was better than the original

Everything was set up from the first and they had more time for cool stuff

Anyone who doesn’t agree with this is a monster tbh. Spider-Man 2 is a top 3 superhero movie

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I mean, it kind of is. I’ve managed to get a few people to watch it without them knowing about it.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Imagine still being mad about Random Access Memories in 2020

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Jizz-wailing all day and all night

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I used to be Facebook friends with Solomon from Gummo

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

That second scene reads like she figured it out and is only just revealing that to him.

Yeah. I’ve never heard anyone say they think she was in on it the whole time and honestly I think that’s loving insane

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
My parents flew on Concorde a bunch in the 80s and they always booked themselves :shrug:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Flint_Paper posted:

It was only last year that I realised that the title was a play on words. Like. Something looking becoming on someone.

I'm a fuckin idiot

Holy poo poo

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah that’s what I thought it was lol

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The only story I’ve ever actually heard related to this was the Kevin Smith one, and even then Willis didn’t start grilling him out of nowhere, it was because Smith was talking to his DOP and didn’t know the name of the lens he wanted

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yep, that’s the one. He definitely should know his lenses but Willis was still a dick about it.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

CainFortea posted:

Eh. People forget words for things all the time. poo poo just today I had to ask my office mate for a "spring but wound wrong" because for some reason I blanked on paperclip.

Hahaha that’s great. But I don’t think it was forgetting the word, by all accounts Smith just didn’t know the names for the lenses

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Sean Connery retired after League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, which I don’t think anyone could blame him for. Cameron Diaz retired after Annie but no-one noticed because she was never very talented

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The first shogunworld episode is pretty decent too. Otherwise it’s a very annoying season

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I don’t think the Baby Driver was stopping for red lights

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Strom Cuzewon posted:

There's some genuinely clever details in those shows. The bad-improv show absolutely nails the feeling of forced spontaneity, and Vanessa clicks her fingers and makes *herself* flinch at the noise.

I don't think S2 quite reached the tears-streaming-down-your-face heights of S1, but I like that they delved a bit more into all the neuroses and specific idiocies of the cast. That seems a good way to give it some longevity when they run out of ways to knock the set over.

This is a good post and I agree with all of it. I think I probably preferred s2 because while it didn’t have the heights of s1 it was also less samey and I think that definitely helps for longevity as you say

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Oh wow I forgot the entire 3rd reel of Vertigo.

It gets so creepy and weird.

The not very subtle thing is it's Hitchcock talking about psychology.

But instead of being insightful he's a case study.

I finally watched Vertigo in 2018 or so and I had no idea what the story was really and this whole section absolutely blew me out of the water and rocketed it into my personal top 10

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Cleretic posted:

I'm sure that movie sucks, but Kevin getting into home security at least makes a lot of sense.

So does Buzz becoming a fuckin cop

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

BiggerBoat posted:

Wasn't that part of Michael Keaton's Vulture arc in MCU Spiderman?

God drat he was good in that movie.

Yeah he played a contractor who was hired to do New York cleanup post-Avengers 1 but Tony founds a damage control subsidiary of Stark Industries that take it over and leave them out of work

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
No Way Home mostly sticks with the original characterisations, except that Jamie Foxx is changed into “basically just Jamie Foxx”

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

FreudianSlippers posted:

I haven't seen Spiderman 2 since it was recent but isn't the films pretty explicit about how he's still a good dude but the malfunctioning tentacle AI is controlling him or at least influencing him.

Yep! And in No Way Home they fix it and he’s a good guy for the rest of the movie

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
hahah that’s super cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Tell that to high school English teachers.

Yeah I’m pretty sure teachers do more to turn people off Shakespeare than anyone. Which is kind of a catch-22 because you have to actually teach something when your class is studying it, right?