Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I enjoy movies more if I can read the Wikipedia plot summary before I watch them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

In The Breakfast Club, Andrew flips off principal Vernon quickly with his hand half-hidden after principal Vernon says “I expected a little more from a varsity letterman.”

It was kind of funny when I was a kid and watched the VHS the second time through. I didn’t catch it the first time even though it’s right there front and center in that shot.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I think the most subtle movie is The Kentucky Fried Movie. Everything is super low-key.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I don’t know, the only people Ive ever known that really love The Nightmare Before Christmas that much were Hot Topic brand trailer park nerds with a love for ~quirky~ dark movies instead of an actual personality of any kind. I work with one now, though she also defines herself by her love of Harry Potter and her tattoos of both franchises. She’s married to an also trashy dude that doesn’t bathe regularly unless she makes him and is forcing them to move to a bigger place before they have children because he won’t give up his gaming room (the second bedroom of their apartment) for the baby to have it.

This experience is close to what I’ve seen from every other TNBC fanatic.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

In Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, the company that erases stuff from your brain is called Lacuna, inc.

Lacunae are generally holes or gaps in something, and specifically often refer to open spaces in the brain, which can be normal (physiologically present as your brain developed) or abnormal (necrosis from stroke, trauma, etc). The company makes gaps in your brain figuratively.

Please stop derailing with poo poo about favorite movies for page after page after page. Derails in text-based threads are the worst, because you have to skim all of it to see the same poo poo that was happening 80 posts ago is still happening without real content. You can also laugh at me since I contributed to the derail earlier and now I’m whining about it.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

When having a good old fashioned hog strangle, always remember your manners and give your neighbor a courtesy stroke or two. If you are using accessories, remember: never dick something that wouldn’t dick you back given half a chance. Prepare yourself for the fight like Aries preparing for war. Set firm limits and stick to them. Don’t catch a rope in the eye unless that’s your thing. Paint my dick with glow stick fluid

subtle movie moments will never end

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

What I’m getting at is that we are rambling on like dumbasses about gross goon poo poo and not movie stuff

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

Isn’t Rainier Wolfcastle the president in that movie? Or is he a Springfield politician?

Arnold Schwarzenegger is the president, isn’t he?

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Krankenstyle posted:

i guess apple didnt want me to write molest :shrug:

They must figure you’re planning something, knowing you

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Krankenstyle posted:

ew no gently caress off that's not funny

I will punch your mouth

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

oldpainless posted:

More whales, cleaner water, less humanity sounds like a definite win to me

I want to be mad at your misanthropy, but, really, fair enough

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I hate that movie very much, but I gotta say it does have a ton of moments perfect for this thread.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

bitterandtwisted posted:

Hannibal the movie being better than the book is damning with faint praise. What a stupid book. OK movie, nothing great.

Silence of the Lambs was a good, if pulpy, book and one of the best horror films ever made.
Red Dragon was a good book and a somewhat poor movie. Some day I'll watch Manhunter, which I've heard is the superior adaptation.

Sorry for the aside. I don’t know what pulpy means in regards to literature and I would like to. Most of the google results just use it without a clarifying context

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Thanks, all.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I need someone to puke out some lines plainly because I wrote the lines in such a way that they are completely unnatural dialogue and impossible to say without sounding like you’re reading from a script because I’m a dumbass and lovely writer of lovely movies, but I hire good actors so they are dangerously close to making the lines work anyway. Guess that part goes to me

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

oldpainless posted:

In The Thing (1982) when everyone comes out of their rooms in a big rush one of the dudes is naked from the waist down. The Thing is such a great movie.

There’s more to life than swinging dicks

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

freeedr posted:

There’s more to life than swinging dicks

Buddy, I don’t even want to know what else is out there.

Go study dickless expanses of space, Dr. Brian Cox DeGrasse Hawking

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Why would it matter what ear the sound is going into

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Just contributing to matte chat, not posting something with a subtle moment in it

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I poo poo on the floor aaaaaaaaq

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Wrong thread

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Artificial also just means made by skilled work

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Just like when I skillfully conceived you, to my eternal shame

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

What does it mean to chew the scenery?

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

OK

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

oldpainless posted:

Mike Meyers uses the same Scottish voice as Fat Bastard in the Austin Powers series as well as the ogre shrek and the father in so I married an ax murderer

Mike Myers is a lovely hack who only knows how to make a “joke” that consists of stereotypes about a region, race, or nationality. It’s almost all he’s ever done, even during Saturday Night Live

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Wayne’s World was based on actual Chicago-area people he met. There’s also a bunch of chop-socky racism in the second one and him doing his normal shtick with Chinese this time

e: I enjoyed the first one though

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

https://youtu.be/7vQSrmOqDnU

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

It was Andy Garcia

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

bimbote

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

BrigadierSensible posted:

What would one call a large bimbo?

If you want to know what name your mom is going by these days just stop by her alleyway behind Burger King

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

loving legend

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

nah it ain't

Deez Nutz is as old as time

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The Sonic the Hedgehog movie isn't particularly subtle on a lot of things, but on some thought, Agent Stone being Dr Robotnik's primary handler makes a lot of sense; Stone is a near Mr Smithers level sycophant, and given Robotnik's established personality as a severe misanthrope and general arrogant prick who considers humans unreliable compared to machines, Stone is someone he CAN rely on and even cares about as much as he seems to be able to. Given Robotnik's implied to have been a US government asset for years, Stone is probably the only person who can actually work with him long-term.

And his latte with steamed Austrian goat milk game is on point 👌🏼😩

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I don’t really know anything at all about Star Wars but I thought the characters weren’t humans

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I know she didn’t know. Didn’t have a clue ever. See any scene where they have friction and you can see how she is tortured by it. The point would be ruined if she knew. Movie storytelling tries to be all vague and “you need to figure it out for yourself” but that is bullshit and we all know there is an objective answer. I’m laughing my rear end off at you idiots getting heated about it. Just dying. Being that as it is, I don’t feel like explaining further. A child could figure it out without my help. Dumbass theories you all have, and if you don’t believe me reread every first word of each sentence in this post

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

mostlygray posted:

I have watched that movie at least a half dozen times. I didn't enjoy it even a single time. I have no idea why I watched it so many times.

I guess it's actually not *too* bad but it ain't good either. I always associate it with "Listen to Me" which I kind of like. I think they were both on the same tape off of HBO. It's kind of like watching "Beaches", women like it, men don't. Not a bad movie, but not enjoyable.

The weird, whiny, arrogant way the lady talks in that movie always trips me out. I had never heard of it until my wife mentioned it