Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

At the very beginning of Young Guns, it is established that Chavez (Lou Diamond Phillips) and Dirty Steve (Dermot Mulroney) don't like each other one bit. During the dinner scene, if you keep an eye on Chavez, you'll see him smile a couple times. The first time when John Tunstall (General Zod) tells Steve he will be "doing the dirty crockery alone" and the second time when Billy (Estevez) says "He was hackin' on me". It is a subtle thing, but very amusing once you notice it.

Young Guns Dinner Scene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

Zushio posted:

Slow-burn is an understatement. I've only seen the Director's Cut, but every time I watch it I end up falling asleep. Took me three views to see the whole thing. The only other movie I have fallen asleep during was the fourth Harry Potter.

Just out of curiosity, have you ever watched "The Last Temptation of Christ" or "The Deer Hunter"? Both of those seem like interesting movies to me, and I have tried to watch each of them several times, but ended up falling asleep every time.

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

Time_pants posted:

It isn't much of a stretch watching Elias playing Jesus, though.

One of these days, I'll get around to finishing it. Like I said, it does seem like a good movie, but there is something about it (and The Deer Hunter and The Godfather) that just puts my rear end right to sleep. I'd really like to see The Godfather II, but I have to make it through The Godfather, first. That huge part in the middle where he goes back to Sicily and has the wedding and all that is just so damned boring.

Skunkduster has a new favorite as of 17:41 on Dec 25, 2012

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

In the beginning of Platoon the focus is more on the visuals and not so much on the dialogue which is mostly just chatter between the troops and over the radio.

Over the radio: move it out. Six says we're jamming 'em up back there.
Barnes to the radioman: Tell that dipshit to get hosed!
Radioman: Be advised, we're moving out shortly.

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

I've mentioned Young Guns a time or two in this thread because it is one of my favorite movies and I've seen it countless times. I was reading the trivia section for it on IMDB today and learned something new today. At one point, Charley Bowdre (Casey Siemaszko) is convinced they are walking dead men and asks to do one last thing - see a prostitute - a specific prostitute. The guys pool their money together so he can do it, but when he is with her, it isn't sexual at all. He says, "Ma'am, I just want to hold you." In the special edition commentary, it is revealed that the prostitute is his mother. Apparently he knew who she was, but she didn't recognize him at all.

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

Aleph Null posted:

What does "jerking off motion with right hand" signify in ASL?

It means they are a big fan of you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGXy58hr8vc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

In "The Force Awakens", the first two times they show the hanger on Starkiller Base, there is a subtle sound effect of an MSE-6 mouse droid. I thought that was a nice throwback to the original Death Star.