Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

ServoMST3K posted:

I am so numb, I couldn't look at myself in the mirror

Yo man this sounds pretty dark you should talk to somebody about these feelings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

Herobotic posted:

About Spinal Tap and the whole herpes thing, it was a subplot that got cut out of the movie. Harry Shearer was on the Nerdist podcast recently talking about it. Apparently in the cut plot, all the band members hooked up with the lead singer of the opening act, which is why they all have herpes.

Honestly I think it works better as it is. It works better with the style of the movie to have one guy have a little something showing in one scene, then it gets worse a little later, then another one of the guys gets it. It's funnier that way.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

My favorite little thing about watching Vin Diesel movies is I can just watch them without wondering if he likes to gently caress guys.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

Smiling Jack posted:

One of the themes of Inglorious Basterds is that the rank and file German army guys are presented as upstanding and decent - the first guy refused to betray his comrades and is beaten to death, the sniper guy is initially presented as a Heroic Sniper, the guy in the basement just wants to go home and see his new baby, and is then killed after putting down his gun - and the Basterds are a bunch of sociopaths who killed unarmed men who surrendered and machine gun a bunch of civilians in a theater.

But the decent German guys are Nazis, and the point is gently caress those guys- you don't get absolution by surrendering, you're either gonna get killed or marked for life.

This is present in this year's Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus as well. The rank and file Nazis have little conversations you can listen in on before gun fights pop off that (sometimes) humanize them a little bit. And then there is the scene shown where BJ's dad goes with him to the basement as a kid to "chase off monsters" so he could sleep without nightmares. The point in both cases being that showing a little humanity doesn't make up for being a goddamn Nazi.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

Arcsquad12 posted:

Ryan Gosling also runs through a wall to catch up with Deckard after Deckard locks the door behind him.

Still trying to think if there's any significance to Joi's ringtone being Peter and the Wolf.

Is it really Joi's ringtone though? Aren't there instances in the film where the theme is played along with the Wallace logo separate from Joi? I could be misremembering. If that is true though, it would associate the theme with the Wallace, and the times it is played in context with Joi is because she is a Wallace product.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

I think they mean Andy Rooney

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

Sunshine is great, I used the Icarus I distress beacon sound as my incoming text tone on my phone for a while in the late 2000s and early 2010s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

oldpainless posted:

Wow, spanning two decades

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnghmjvGUsI