Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guido van Possum
Apr 7, 2012

by T. Finninho
i want 2 work for monster cables

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

pram posted:

holy poo poo i didnt realize Beats™ were from monster cable lmao :aaa:

cmon son

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009

Bitcoin Billionaire posted:

beats are likely the worst thing to happen to any industry ever

beats is actually a wonderfully genius marketing thing. it amazes me that up until that point no one had thought of slapping a musician's name on a device made for listening to music with a few tweeks to the dynamic range and made them "fashionable" and available everywhere at a premium price. i see people wearing beats poo poo everywhere in the city now and it's loving remarkable.

they pretty much invented a casual style for wearing huge loving over the ear headphones in public, that's loving genius and a brilliant move for monster cable

got dat wmd fucked around with this message at 06:15 on May 26, 2012

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?
"it's george costanza" ?>
musician

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
dr dre is a musician and owns

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

this is where i shamefully admit i actually own a pair of monster earbuds

dun dun dunnn

Bitcoin Billionaire
Mar 10, 2007

quote:

they pretty much invented a casual style for wearing huge loving over the ear headphones in public, that's loving genius and a brilliant move for monster cable
yeah except they blow dick as headphones. theyre a cute little fashion accessory but no one should be cross shopping them with any other headphone that isnt a koss portapro.

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!
:yaycloud::smithcloud:
still lolling at jerking off with a steam powered brass arm. it reminds me of when i was 8 and really wanted to build a 6 million dollar man arm. but any time i saw someone with a hook arm it would creep me out for days.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

yeah except they blow dick as headphones. theyre a cute little fashion accessory but no one should be cross shopping them with any other headphone that isnt a koss portapro.

most people are dumb as hell and dont even think to google anything before buying it. you literally just have to google "are beats any good" to figure that poo poo out and yet people will defend beats as being the best money can buy

i got some cx300's which are p good $30 earbudz and b/c sennheiser isnt a common household name people assume they are cheap lovely crap you buy at aldi

pram
Jun 10, 2001
ur lovely crap

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

pram posted:

ur lovely crap

dont sign posts

Guido van Possum
Apr 7, 2012

by T. Finninho
what is aldi?

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

american grocery store chain thats more like european grocery stores than american stores. it doesnt stock third party brands

they have weekly rotating deals where they pawn off impressively low quality appliances and poo poo from brands youve never and will never hear of again

DiabloStarCraft
Oct 12, 2006

What is there in this world that makes living worthwhile?"

CATS. CATS ARE NICE
🐱🐱🐱💀🐱🐱🐱

Mister Snips posted:

american grocery store chain thats more like european grocery stores than american stores. it doesnt stock third party brands

they have weekly rotating deals where they pawn off impressively low quality appliances and poo poo from brands youve never and will never hear of again
they're actually German or Norwegian or some poo poo and they have them all over the place. The one near here has a pallet of lovely android tablets I should get a photo of some day

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

DiabloStarCraft posted:

they're actually German or Norwegian or some poo poo and they have them all over the place. The one near here has a pallet of lovely android tablets I should get a photo of some day

my dad bought some 10" mini tv/vhs combo from aldi for like $30 and it was barely capable of displaying video and nothing else. no options or menus. if you held down channel it scanned channels and that was it.

surprisingly a lot of their generic brand stuff is better than a lot of name brand stuff and is a lot cheaper(ice cream, cereal), but some of it (bread) is truly godawful

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY6G2E8dgWU

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano
aldi sud ftw

Blaisedell
May 7, 2008

did anyone watch the can obama video, it's pretty great

Keep an eye out, and bear witness to our art – our journey – our revolution.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Much like iPhones, am I right?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

portapros are good $35 headphones but they're stupid ugly and leak sound

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
Someone on irc said they went though four portapros and mailed them in for free replacements. For forty dollar headphones. Lmao

gwon
Sep 11, 2001

Dr. Duck says "NO!"

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

* saved the best for last. this guy:

I feel like I can smell him through the screen.

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer

gwon posted:

I feel like I can smell him through the screen.

bcuz its u

pram
Jun 10, 2001
:choco::axe:

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
some promising new video game kickstarters!

* Angry Naughty Nerds iPhone app looking for a $30,000 investment to finish a highly original new game from a guy who describes himself as "An innovative, effective, well-rounded senior executive with strong leadership skills. An accomplished manager for over 25 years in quick growing start up environments."

* this project, entitled Record audio of a car via dyno for use in racing games was actually funded successfully. near as i can tell he got paid $1600 from the internet so he can go to a garage and record his car making cool vrooom vrooom noises because somehow this will let him break into the video game industry? idk wtf but $100 pledges at least got a DVD of the sound files..

* this one is legitimately cool, someone is making a game based on my posting and i encourage you all to donate at the $100 level:

* Finally a video game project with some true autistic merit entitled, NES Characters Made out of NES Carts.

the investment pitch is brief so for your convenience i will reproduce it here, in full:

quote:

I want to make as many Characters from the NES that I can out of old NES Carts.. Each cart will represent one Pixel in the full Sprite.. Each cart will be painted to match each pixel then placed on a back ground made of wood which will also be painted... I want to also make one to send to nintendo to be on display...
he's looking to raise $10,000.

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
the cosworth 190 is the best mercedes. im envious that guy got his dyno pull paid for him through a scheme like that

Bitcoin Billionaire
Mar 10, 2007

qirex posted:

portapros are good $35 headphones but they're stupid ugly and leak sound
still better than the top-of-the-line beats, along with pretty much every other decent headphone under $100

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
i found skullcandy titan earbuds ($40) and cleaned them out and my $25 cx-300's are just plain audibly better w/o any sort of direct comparison

Bitcoin Billionaire
Mar 10, 2007
i havent tried skullcandy's flagship cans, but judging from the ~$50 pair i tried, theyre probably poo poo too

most of them also look dumb as gently caress

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

i havent tried skullcandy's flagship cans, but judging from the ~$50 pair i tried, theyre probably poo poo too

most of them also look dumb as gently caress

Beats By Ron Paul

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

Beats By Ron Paul

lol

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i have some skullcandy earbuds but only because i for some reason get an employee discount on them and i only use them when traveling which isn't that much anymore

Bitcoin Billionaire
Mar 10, 2007
perhaps you should take them on a trip to the garbage can

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i probably will, actually. the wires are made of thsi soft plastic that's supposed to be all luxurious i guess, but just attracts dust like a goddamn dust thing that attracts it (dust)

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
I think beats look ridiculous but i once tried out the 400$ top of the line model for a day and they sounded p good i thought

But not 400$ good, but i still doubt 50$ headphones sound better

Bitcoin Billionaire
Mar 10, 2007
you can get akg k240s on ebay for a little more than that nowadays. you would have to be literally retarded to pick the beats over 240s.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

CaptainMeatpants
Jun 1, 2010

wait what

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

John de Lancie (born March 20, 1948) is an American actor. He has been active in screen and television roles since 1977, though he is best known for his recurring role as Q on the various Star Trek series and as Frank Simmons in Stargate SG-1, and Discord in My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainMeatpants
Jun 1, 2010

oh my god

• Locked thread