Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

Oh god it gets worse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moUh70gQQkI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

so instead of simply reinventing the wheel, we're going to reinvent the wheel then shove it directly up our assholes.

Guido van Possum
Apr 7, 2012

by T. Finninho

Resplendent Spiral posted:

like the time i thought to shrink up a chip bag super small with a microwave and then it turns out craft moms have been doing it for decades

you should do this more often

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

shrink craft moms?

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
no like, invent cold fusion or something and have a bunch of craft moms doing that already and boom, cold fusion everywhere

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009

Mister Snips posted:

it never ceases to amaze me how the absolutele worst furry/anime/mlp idiot fans acknowledge and make fun of the horrible people in their fanbase as if acknowleding that there are worse people than them in the fanbase excuses their creepy weirdness, and yet they are exactly the group they are making fun of to excuse themselves

half the people that post in that pyf brony thread are ponypedos but "not those kind." actually this is true in p much every creepy fandom thread floating around. goons are quick to make fun of everyone in some creepy stupid fandom bs but they dont realize that they are the same as long as they associate themselves with and partake in the activity they are insulting

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

got dat wmd posted:

half the people that post in that pyf brony thread are ponypedos but "not those kind." actually this is true in p much every creepy fandom thread floating around. goons are quick to make fun of everyone in some creepy stupid fandom bs but they dont realize that they are the same as long as they associate themselves with and partake in the activity they are insulting

well once you become one you still have to believe there's somebody worse

i wonder if there's numbers on how many ogons made fun of animes/furries/bronies and after delving deep enough became one

i wonder how many android thread yosposters become 'droids themselves after mining iyg for badroid posts

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Inspect Your Gadgets

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Powercrazy posted:

Gears are pretty complicated honestly. Even just conceptually they are non-intuitive.

nope

conceptually gears and gear ratios are just a bunch of levers and that's as simple as machines get

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
unless you are talking about hypoid gears and that's just basically magic

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

got dat wmd posted:

yeah i went into the pyf brony thread to get weird pics of bronies and mayb laff at words but it was just people unironically talking about ponies. not bronies, ponies

i dont look forward to the day that adventure time gets a creepy fandom b/c its p neat

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

Mister Snips posted:

i dont look forward to the day that adventure time gets a creepy fandom b/c its p neat

lol too late

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
just watch (but don't obsess over) shows for adults

if you watching kids shows you better have kids

Gold Dust Gasoline
Jul 11, 2006

just be yourself and you'll be fine
Pillbug
i saw a few episodes of adventure time with my niece and it was aight

i even saw half an episode of the pony show and lololol at full grown men liking it that much

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Proteus4994 posted:

lol too late

its got creeps like every show got creeps but they dont have millions of fans who turn everything into pink ponies

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009

BonzoESC posted:

just watch (but don't obsess over) shows for adults

if you watching kids shows you better have kids

gently caress you it's totally okay to obsess over breaking bad

the heisenberg hour returns july 15

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

spaceship posted:

CDN Pal

rolls off the tounge doesn't it

lol

http://www.linkedin.com/in/cdnpalchristophergu

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

kwinkles posted:

yeah "steam powered" is basically pneumatics but you use fire and boiling water instead of a compressor or vacuum pump

wow, I learned something today, thanks for sharing

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

got dat wmd posted:

prettymuch watched the first 2.5 seasons of this over the course of a week and iawtp

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

got dat wmd posted:

the breaking bad equivalent of a brony would be a person who decides to start a loving meth lab after seeing the show and then talking about how great running a meth lab is all the time and how breaking bad saved his life

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

NINbuntu 64 posted:

the breaking bad equivalent of a brony would be a person who decides to start a loving meth lab after seeing the show and then talking about how great running a meth lab is all the time and how breaking bad saved his life

that would own

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

NINbuntu 64 posted:

*raises paw*

The Selling Wizard
Apr 10, 2009

CAN I BUM A SMOKE
OFF YA, SPACE MAN

Jonny 290 posted:

*raises hoof*

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!
:yaycloud::smithcloud:

NINbuntu 64 posted:

and then fucks that meth lab and burns his colon out trying to shove a phosphorus road flare up his rear end.

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad

qirex posted:

the no true brony fallacy

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
no true clopsman

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!
:yaycloud::smithcloud:
when they were talking about the four horsemen of the apocalypse people just got that poo poo wrong cause no one said they'd all pastel colours and poo poo.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

its not your fault that you broke googles t&c!

also they took those videos down sad face

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

bob arctor posted:

when they were talking about the four horsemen of the apocalypse people just got that poo poo wrong cause no one said they'd all pastel colours and poo poo.

death's horse is pale green in the original greek

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

ulillillia should totally make a kickstarter for platform masters, maybe to pay for a team to port it to xbox live or psn

on that note, he made an hour long video showing off some of the music submissions he's received

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1mJ9ow6iT8

Gold Dust Gasoline
Jul 11, 2006

just be yourself and you'll be fine
Pillbug
dude needs to step up his game

he has been developing that 'game' for a long rear end time

Socracheese
Oct 20, 2008

thatsthejoke.jpg

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

rotor posted:

wow, I learned something today, thanks for sharing

but why do people get all excited about the aesthetic of steam things but not, say, the elegance of a hydraulic backhoe.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

kwinkles posted:

but why do people get all excited about the aesthetic of steam things but not, say, the elegance of a hydraulic backhoe.

it's difficult to use a backhoe as a big gay fashion accessory

pseudopresence
Mar 3, 2005

I want to get online...
I need a computer!

Socracheese posted:

An ideal place to use a complicated set of gears is ignored, good job idiots

To be specific: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centrifugal_governor

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

kwinkles posted:

I'm literally hard as polished mahogany at the thought of complex hydraulics

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

turgid rams, powerful pumps, hoses under incredible pressure oh god oh god

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

rotor cums harder than a ruptured high pressure hydraulic line

Shameproof
Mar 23, 2011

Mister Snips posted:

its got creeps like every show got creeps but they dont have millions of fans who turn everything into pink ponies

they turn everything into the opposite gender bc of that one episode with neil patrick harris

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

kwinkles posted:

The main part of the Steam Punk aesthetic has nothing to do with the steam part. It's the rich Victorian Aesthetic with the birth of crude machine tools (gears, paddle-boats, etc) that marked the beginning of the Industrial Revolution.

That said, most of the "true" engineers I've met do have an appreciation for the complexity of modern machines, myself included.

Turbo Charger's are loving awesome!

• Locked thread