Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

graph posted:

vivec leave yospos

I agree with vivec

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001

CaptainMeatpants posted:

graph please, it's a small price to pay

lol

thiscommercialsucks
Jun 13, 2009

by T. Mascis

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

if you type "steampunk" into the kickstarter search box you are pretty much guaranteed to find something hilarious

an adult spent time doing this

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
let's do this
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/covertcreations/steampunk-lincoln

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
so how is it steampunk enthusiasts or whatever don't get the concept that steam is very, very hot?

CamH
Apr 11, 2008

i like steamed broccoli

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

CamH posted:

i like steamed broccoli

obama urges single mothers to feed their children veggies with this one weird old tip: coat all veggies in thick layers of fat like melted velveeta cheese

Metal Pink Babble
Mar 31, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Sniep posted:

so how is it steampunk enthusiasts or whatever don't get the concept that steam is very, very hot?

that emaciated emancipationist gives not a fuuck. you see that slender man's stovepipe hat? it rests atop a free mind. the weather up there is cloudy with a chance of steam. ya'd best spare the air if ya smelll what steampunk lincoln is convecting.

(please, me. don't post this)

CamH
Apr 11, 2008

Sniep posted:

obama urges single mothers to feed their children veggies with this one weird old tip: coat all veggies in thick layers of fat like melted velveeta cheese

kind of ruining it imo

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
no poo poo, sherlock

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
raw cauliflower is best

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

the steam is placed within metal pipes, which insulate the steampunker's body from the tremendous heat

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Jonny 290 posted:

guys give us thirty five thousand dollars to put an arduino in space*

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/575960623/ardusat-your-arduino-experiment-in-space

*kickstarter will not fund the actual launch, we'll be begging for free cargo capacity. on a rocket. to space.

lol at consumer grade electronics in space. they say they're sending up multiple arduinos for error correction but all the censors built with a normal bulk silicon process will also have latchup and flipped bits all over the place so good luck with that.

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!
:yaycloud::smithcloud:

Sniep posted:

it would make the phenomena much more fun to watch if they actually tried to build steam powered suits and vibrators and stuff.

CamH
Apr 11, 2008

Sniep posted:

no poo poo, sherlock

dont call me sherlock

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

I run SyncRPG, and produce original, digital content for the Pathfinder RPG, designed from the ground up to be played online.

thiscommercialsucks posted:

an adult spent time doing this

i'd spend time doing that

if i wasn't happily married

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Sniep posted:

steampunk dorks think steam = that cute whistling you get in a teakettle. they have never seen a pipe carrying real pressurized steam burst or they would be so loving terrified of letting it anywhere near their curvy goonettes that the movement would die

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i'll gently caress with live 220 before i gently caress with really hot water

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad
In many video games if you walk through steam coming out of a steam pipe you lose health and sometimes die so i'd say it ain't nuttin' to gently caress wit'

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

yeah.... but never gently caress wit 290 :hellyeah::master:

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Jonny 290 posted:

this a million times, steam is terrifying. I like watching videos of giant super tanker engine rooms and just day dreaming about all the horrifying poo poo in there that could kill you.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Jonny 290 posted:

at least 220 will kick you away from it :v:

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009

Sniep posted:

also cast iron and stuff that steam boilers are made of is VERY loving HEAVY

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.
When you've seen people with a 6" diameter scar on their body from briefly leaning up against the steam generator in a nuclear reactor, you learn to fear the gently caress out of steam.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

well of course nuculear steam is hot duh

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

oh hey, they put up a page with some stats

the categories with the highest success rates are music, theater, and dance

CamH
Apr 11, 2008

anything nuculur is hot

horse_ebookmarklet
Oct 6, 2003

can I play too?

kwinkles posted:

lol at consumer grade electronics in space. they say they're sending up multiple arduinos for error correction but all the censors built with a normal bulk silicon process will also have latchup and flipped bits all over the place so good luck with that.

are you really going to get many SEUs in a LEO? If they're in a polar orbit u may worry about the saa but even then its like 1 every 15 days or something.

last place I worked they were designing two craft to observe the van allen belts by flying through them :science:

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

dooTrieux posted:

oh hey, they put up a page with some stats

the categories with the highest success rates are music, theater, and dance

That's actually pretty reassuring.

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

Jet Age posted:

That's actually pretty reassuring.

Oh, well, let me help you with that.

43% of the most well-funded kickstarters are for video games

also that brony documentary got like over 100k

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

NotHet posted:

are you really going to get many SEUs in a LEO? If they're in a polar orbit u may worry about the saa but even then its like 1 every 15 days or something.

last place I worked they were designing two craft to observe the van allen belts by flying through them :science:

I found a neat graph:

For $35,000 i'm sure they can add whatever redundancy and watchdog/failsafe poo poo they need, but i question how often you'll have to reset everything, especially if there are sensors that have no redundancy or error correction

idk i dont make space parts, i just know that everyone who does uses an soi process and actually shields things

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Pressure can make metals shatter and explode thus can behave like grenades

What im saying is throw grenades at steampunk kids

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

kwinkles posted:

I found a neat graph:

For $35,000 i'm sure they can add whatever redundancy and watchdog/failsafe poo poo they need, but i question how often you'll have to reset everything, especially if there are sensors that have no redundancy or error correction

idk i dont make space parts, i just know that everyone who does uses an soi process and actually shields things

im the semi hard part

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
who wants a lamp? how about a FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE TACTICAL LAMP MADE OF AIRCRAFT GRADE ALUMINUM WITH A MILITARY RAIL SYSTEM AND AN UNDERSLUNG GRENADE LAUNCHER

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sketchydesignstudio/andromeda-tactical-lighting

now even your lighting will drive away the opposite sex :spergin:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

here's a boiler explosion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCej2OQSKnY

here's the opposite, when you clean a railroad tank car with steam and then seal it up without letting it cool down first
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz95_VvTxZM

don't mess with steam

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Yodzilla posted:

who wants a lamp? how about a FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE TACTICAL LAMP MADE OF AIRCRAFT GRADE ALUMINUM WITH A MILITARY RAIL SYSTEM AND AN UNDERSLUNG GRENADE LAUNCHER

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sketchydesignstudio/andromeda-tactical-lighting

now even your lighting will drive away the opposite sex :spergin:

capture point b fucken noobs

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

SmokaDustbowl posted:

capture point b fucken noobs

SPY SAPPIN' MAH TACTICAL LAMP!

that awful man
Feb 18, 2007

YOSPOS, bitch

here, chaps, have some of ye olde steamepunke
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T353sdmizoY&t=330s

i can't believe they were going to have sylus kill johnny

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

has anyone said an ouya yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

0xB16B00B5
Aug 24, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

has anyone said an ouya yet

no thats aftually worth 4.4 million and counting.

• Locked thread