Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

~Coxy posted:

hitachi is basically the only mfr who will sell you a 7200 rpm drive and
a) actually tell you that it is 7200 rpm
b) not rape your wallet

so buy deskpro USB3 hard drives and rip the enclosure open

they also make p good vibrators

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Heresiarch posted:

serious answer: the illusionist
drat i'd forgotten that one, thanks for reminding me

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

dont do this to your hard drives

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
their harddrives make lovely vibrators tho

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
pay me $1800 to make a documentary about me eating nothing but bacon, eggs, and dairy products for an entire month to prove that these things aren't causing people to be fat, also, fund my inevitable scurvy

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

their harddrives make lovely vibrators tho

you should check out their older ones then :q:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

one of the investor rewards has to be pictures of his face when he tries to take a poo poo in the morning

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

goddamnedtwisto posted:

one of the investor rewards has to be pictures of his face when he tries to take a poo poo in the morning

worth the price of admission.jpg

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

goddamnedtwisto posted:

i hope it gets funded for the inevitable reversal of fortune when his doctors tell him that his diet is killing him

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
buy the ticket, take the ride

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof
Holy poo poo. I just got my results back from the doctor. Keep in mind I'm a 21 year old male that's 6'0 and 165 lbs.

Total Cholesterol: 380
HDL: 69
Triglycerides: 91
LDL: 293
CHOL/HDLC ratio: 5.5

He wants to start me on 40mg crestor. How hosed am I goons? :(

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
lol nice hosed genetics idiot

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
not at all

you will never be hosed

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

DaTroof posted:

LDL: 293

have you updated your will lately

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

i'm 5'10" 220, i guess I should get my cholesterol checked huh

grad school is murder

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
jesus over 200 cholesterol is Bad News

how is your heart even beating

but yeah blood serum cholesterol /= visible fat

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

What if a diet of all bacon turned out to actually be good for you?

what if we ignore every bit of science and evidence and instead have some really stupid theory literally based on leave it to beaver

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

Eat Bacon, Lose Weight, Live the Dream!

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

fyad remix

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

lol did that guy really kill his dog

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

cjs: i really want to leave work and eat brinner

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
yul regret it!

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

What if a diet of all bacon turned out to actually be good for you?

you mean like atkins? because we all know how great that is for your body

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.
btw ian's resume has been submitted to hr! come join the wd family ian!!!!!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i hope he gets assigned to your department for your trouble

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
seriouspost i had a cholesterol problem and i was getting seriously overweight, i went on south beach and lost like 40 pounds and got my cholesterol under control without changing my exercise habits at all, i was still a nerd in a chair all day but i changed what I ate and it worked

ymmv but it worked and it's not really a gimmick diet like atkins

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
i lost 30 lbs on the "eat slightly less, you fat gently caress" diet, then gained ten back when i stopped

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
i enjoy wearing darker clothes to formal occasions to hide my burgeoning gut + love handles and get all of the same enjoyment of acquaintances saying "oh have you lost weight?" without doing a drat thing

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Trig Discipline posted:

i lost 30 lbs on the "eat slightly less, you fat gently caress" diet, then gained ten back when i stopped

experiment complete

let the feasting begin

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
i'm a fat gently caress and my cholesterol is on the low side of normal and it visibly annoys my doctor

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

goddamnedtwisto posted:

i'm a fat gently caress and my cholesterol is on the low side of normal and it visibly annoys my doctor

youre storing it in the sacs on your body

ready to deploy at a moments notice

like a squid spraying ink to make its escape

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Trig Discipline posted:

i lost 75lb so far on the 'workout 3 times a week for 30ish min and don't eat fast food for lunch and stop drinking so much soda retard' diet. i don't eat entire pizzas anymore and being under 200 lb again is really its own reward.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
my cholesterol is naturally low no matter how much poo poo i eat :smugdog:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i knew a girl who had one of those and she said it was a scary vibrator to use because "it forces you to come". like it was such an overpowered device that even if you weren't in the mood or didn't want to it would still somehow force an orgasm by sheer mass and power or something iuno. she said it was great for girls who had never had an orgasm before for just that reason

i know one of you just sprung a boner about this concept so stfu preemptively

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
isnt that like the whole point of a vibrator?

or do you mean it would induce an orgasm remotely or smth (where do i buy this)

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Trig Discipline posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-jy3OtZAss

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

well everyone has experienced the "i'm tryin to j/o here to recharge my power crystal but it just ain't happenin' today" thing. her claim was that those hitachi things won't take "i'm not in the mood" for an answer and will make you come regardless of how turned off or lovely feeling you are. it reminded me of something that happens with rape victims sometimes where they have orgasms cause of the mechanical stimulation and then afterwards they feel even more horrible because it's like their body betrayed them? so i can see where she was getting the idea that it was "scary" to use that vibrator

i dunno though, i haven't tried it. i don't think my genitalia are compatible with such a device

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

that was loving stupid, sexist, and not funny for even a second

also that is a really annoying accint

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

Sagebrush posted:

well everyone has experienced the "i'm tryin to j/o here to recharge my power crystal but it just ain't happenin' today" thing. her claim was that those hitachi things won't take "i'm not in the mood" for an answer and will make you come regardless of how turned off or lovely feeling you are. it reminded me of something that happens with rape victims sometimes where they have orgasms cause of the mechanical stimulation and then afterwards they feel even more horrible because it's like their body betrayed them? so i can see where she was getting the idea that it was "scary" to use that vibrator

i dunno though, i haven't tried it. i don't think my genitalia are compatible with such a device

i'm sure glad you called out the rest of us to make sure no one said something creepy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Sagebrush posted:

i knew a girl who had one of those and she said it was a scary vibrator to use because "it forces you to come". like it was such an overpowered device that even if you weren't in the mood or didn't want to it would still somehow force an orgasm by sheer mass and power or something iuno. she said it was great for girls who had never had an orgasm before for just that reason

i know one of you just sprung a boner about this concept so stfu preemptively

i have used one on a lady that may have requested to be tied down first and this is an accurate statement

other companies make more powerful ones too fyi

something like 20% of women self report that they cannot orgasm through clitoral stimulation and let me tell you those women are quitters

• Locked thread