Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

this is at 700% funded on the IG newsletter with 33 days left on the clock

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/triton-world-s-first-artificial-gills-re-breather

when even a cursory Google of the science needed to make it work says 'hah nope'... do indiegogo really not give a poo poo as long as they get their cut?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

do indiegogo really not give a poo poo as long as they get their cut?

lol that you even ask

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

15ft and 45mins limits the audience to pretty much snorkel users.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Suspicious Dish posted:

yes, we're a real company with real income and real money and kickstarter was just about building press and buzz.

it actually really helped. we're able to get into some pretty major deals and areas now simply because google and the press are on our side

the product had actually been shipping for a good few months, we just put in a few extra touches for the ks release and lined shipment up with a major prod run & os upgrade

good on you for making a real thing and then selling that thing effectively 👍

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

NoneMoreNegative posted:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/triton-world-s-first-artificial-gills-re-breather

when even a cursory Google of the science needed to make it work says 'hah nope'... do indiegogo really not give a poo poo as long as they get their cut?

Unless I'm missing something that seems like it would orders of magnitude away from working. like for a human to breath comfortably you need to provide like 5L of air at the appropriate pressure per breath.

Haha yeah the oxygen content of water is on the order of milligrams of O2 per litre of water.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

NoneMoreNegative posted:

yeah apparently this groundbreaking scientific and technological discovery that will eventually allow human beings to breathe underwater indefinitely without the use of expensive and bulky equipment just needs crowdfunding to get off the ground

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Al! posted:

yeah apparently this groundbreaking scientific and technological discovery that will eventually allow human beings to breathe underwater indefinitely without the use of expensive and bulky equipment just needs crowdfunding to get off the ground

also it's just really small holes

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
lol this pile of pie in the sky bullshit just got their KS suspended

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lmcable/lmcable-the-worlds-first-ios-and-android-common-co

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

their team is a designer, an accountant, and a marketer. they're seeking a "marine expert" but not until two months before the ship date

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

This needs reposting here,

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

DuckConference posted:

Unless I'm missing something that seems like it would orders of magnitude away from working. like for a human to breath comfortably you need to provide like 5L of air at the appropriate pressure per breath.

Haha yeah the oxygen content of water is on the order of milligrams of O2 per litre of water.

i goog'd a bit and read a science breakdown on a scuba board, you need like firehose outputs of water going through this device to get the O2 for even resting rate breathing

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

NoneMoreNegative posted:

oh lol these fuckers have tried to pitch this scam for years

people are loving stupid, there is zero way this is going to work

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

next generation, you say? and the compressor and battery are modified?? :monocle:

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Trig Discipline posted:

idk it seems like a pretty successful scam so far

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

uncurable mlady posted:

idk it seems like a pretty successful scam so far

i'm going to pester them on their fakeass youtubes, see what happens

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

hey trig I got these in an email flyer and thought of you - check the other categories as well

http://www.strapya-world.com/categories/Deep-Sea-Creatures/8440_8450_8572_9329.html

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

NoneMoreNegative posted:

hey trig I got these in an email flyer and thought of you - check the other categories as well

http://www.strapya-world.com/categories/Deep-Sea-Creatures/8440_8450_8572_9329.html

d'awwwwwwwww

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Trig Discipline posted:

Over a half million dollars, Jesus Lord

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

comment section posted:

Is it possible to take it deeper without using it?
Would be the perfect security buffer for long decompression on 10 feet when low on air.
No diver will dive deep in future without a Triton if this is working.

triton posted:

There have been many divers that contacted us and are super exited of what Triton can do and they have asked us the same thing,

people will die this time lol

BIGBONGTHEORY
Apr 17, 2007
Stupid Dickfaced Moron
538000 american dollars of the bends

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Trig Discipline posted:

i'm going to pester them on their fakeass youtubes, see what happens

did you know? you can pledge $1 for the right to comment on their indiegogo, and then cancel it on the end date

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

it's cool how literally the only reason to use indiegogo is if you want to scam people

Su-Su-Sudoko
Oct 25, 2007

what stands in the way becomes the way

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1784334872/4-dimensional-operating-system/description

this guy clearly understands how both numbers and computers work

Apr 7, 2003

John Jenkem

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
As my bio suggests, I am not an accomplished programmer, but programming follows very understandable conventions which can be employed, such as Strings, Characters, Variables and Constants.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i'm john jenkem, and you're watching celebrity zillions

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

NoneMoreNegative posted:

strapya-world sounds like a pegging fetish site

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

GameCube posted:

it's cool how literally the only reason to use indiegogo is if you want to scam people

there's a few edge cases where you don't have a minimum cost where it has a SLIGHTLY better use case than kickstarter

but yeah, the main reason to use it is that kickstarter actually has standards

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

oh my god this is almost twenty minutes long

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

theflyingorc posted:

there's a few edge cases where you don't have a minimum cost where it has a SLIGHTLY better use case than kickstarter

but yeah, the main reason to use it is that kickstarter actually has standards

i did feel bad writing that because i remembered the local indie bookstore with the nice cats that tried to indiegogo their heating bills, on flex funding. that made sense, compared to flex funding a hardware startup

but not as much sense as just posting a fuckin paypal link

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

GameCube posted:

i did feel bad writing that because i remembered the local indie bookstore with the nice cats that tried to indiegogo their heating bills, on flex funding. that made sense, compared to flex funding a hardware startup

but not as much sense as just posting a fuckin paypal link

there's absolutely no reason for something that's going to be made in a factory to be on IndieGoGo rather than Kickstarter, unless they're a scam

these guys should team up, I want a mask that lets me breathe underwater that ALSO shaves my face with lazers

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
At least goog's self driving cars don't have spinning augers mounted on the front, can't imagine this not killing a child/pet/adult

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/711113808/snowbyte20?ref=category_newest

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

that is one adorable little death machine

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Yodzilla posted:

oh my god this is almost twenty minutes long

i remember reading somewhere that long videos are conducive to scams cause credulous people are way more likely to watch them

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

At least goog's self driving cars don't have spinning augers mounted on the front, can't imagine this not killing a child/pet/adult

I dub thee sir ankle biter

Apr 7, 2003

fool_of_sound posted:

i remember reading somewhere that long videos are conducive to scams cause credulous people are way more likely to watch them

The Nigerian prince principle, anyone dumb enough to fall for such an obvious scam will fall for anything.

Su-Su-Sudoko
Oct 25, 2007

what stands in the way becomes the way

fool_of_sound posted:

i don't think that's a scam, it's too vague and doesn't really promise anything
i think he just doesn't know anything about anything

Captain Cool
Oct 23, 2004

This is a song about messin' with people who've been messin' with you

$1500? did they hit submit before they finished filling out the goal field?

oh lol the whole thing is just a wrapper around a link to their $75k indiegogo flexible funding

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

There have been remote / automated lawnmowers for a while so
not a big deal if you follow the same procedure you should be following whenever you're doing something to a room / space that can harm a child or pet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

fool_of_sound posted:

most of the ONE WEIRD TRICK videos are like this - they show you an INCREDIBLY long video and refuse to get to the point with really long winded stories. apparently investing that much time in something means that you are much more likely to make a purchase at the end or something

• Locked thread