Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Perplx posted:

seemed cool until i saw that it needs power, and air filters and additive packs

seems worse for the environment than composting or even just throwing out leftovers and buying fertilizer when you need it

the packs are compostable themselves and you only need a maximum of six filters a year. I think it's a problem much more suited to economies of scale in large-scale compost collection, but making meat and dairy compostable is a genuine innovation that shuts down the hassle of sorting your food waste every time you clean a plate. shame about the price tho; hopefully like all kitchen kickstarters, a device 1/3 of the price hits the market a month before they ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Cocoa Crispies posted:

don't some cities have compost collection separate from trash and recyclables?

yeah, but like I posted, they all have really specific rules about what you can and cannot compost which lead to people not bothering or well-meaning people contaminating the piles. this thing is the single stream recycling of compost, which is cool and good

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

duTrieux. posted:

speech recognition works great if you learn how to modulate your voice because you're talking to a robot with hearing problems

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Pakled posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1412226584/concealed-carry-awareness-bracelet?ref=newest

when you want to let everyone know that youre carrying a concealed weapon

lol even that lovely inventhelp company that advertises on cable at 4am won't return his calls

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I like to play that game with house hunters international

"we're looking for a place in st kitt's because uhhhhhh I really like the uh uh uh culture and my uh consulting? business is uhhh uh doing really well"

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Even in the bizarro world where 25g of coffee heated to satisfaction is possible, thats still less than a 1 oz shot glass full of coffee. You'd pretty much have to start on wednesday in order to fill your big rear end I <3 MONDAYS cup for the start of the week

25g is a standard shot of espresso tho

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol they don't have a dedicated email address for investors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

half of the videos show it wobbling and flexing like crazy too

• Locked thread