Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Sagebrush posted:

didn't follow the hans reiser trial

he killed his wife

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

i didn't follow it either

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

my knowledge of hans reiser begins and ends with

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

unpacked robinhood posted:

yeah i'm not really making comparisons, i just find this kind of tech baffling in how they manage to have a working "logic" with only mechanical parts, and hold up for a hundred years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY_wfKVjuJM

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

does every kickstarter have insane, unhinged people waiting in the wings for delivery or is there something special about 3D printing?

idiots desperately want 3d printing to be star trek replicators that can churn out poo poo for them to sell with zero effort beyond buying the machine

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

Synthbuttrange posted:

'You can build a mansion without being an architect!'

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

my one wish for 2017 is that people stop jizzing themselves over loving drones. there's nothing cool or interesting about them any more, just buy the cheapest one you can find on aliexpress and shut up about it

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

it's dildo shaggins

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

vinyl inherently sounds like poo poo and anyone who claims otherwise is an idiot

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

Sagebrush posted:

tbf a wall-powered heater is exactly the sort of device you should probably never buy on aliexpress

yeah, i'm sure bigclive has done teardowns of chinese heaters (aka firestarter deathtraps)

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

ian dross

aka statpedia

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

Casual Encountess posted:

having been the engineer in a room full of designers quite a few times I can appreciate the different approaches but designers are also loving stupid sometimes.

engineer: "no we can't make it 2mm thick, there needs to be space for the actual components"

designer: ":qq: :emo:"

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

Yodzilla posted:

it's always super apparent when you use a piece of software that's been exclusively written and designed by engineers

or "linux" as it's commonly known

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

as long as you call it Bumpr and it has an app then you will get $1m+

• Locked thread