Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Werthog 95 posted:

ok it's kickstarter so that means it will never be released but drat i want to believe

Aren't Sega already re-releasing Daytona USA for Xbox & PS3?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

It would be more productive to kick start a Linux port of Inky

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Tetanus is the usual danger.

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Broken Age is breaking my browser overlaying a linked image on the scrollbar, come one Googs.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Migishu posted:

Gonna print out me some paper bitcoins because it's real non-fiat currency you guys and people will accept this as actual money.

What I like about this is a thermal printer, with ink that fades over time.

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

This does look like The Gimp, could have at least be running Photoshop on Ubuntu, even Google can manage that.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Penny Arcade artist has been busy again.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/851906756/clique-refresh?ref=home_popular

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

The "artwork" is to behold,

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Al! posted:

oh yeah pho really is a good reason for chopsticks

Korean BBQ, salmon, or anything with soft food kinda sucks with a fork.

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

The Hummer parking is pretty good considering the truck next door:

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

anthonypants posted:

the latest kickstarter craze is this thing which is "a tor hardware router" and there's a ton of articles everywhere talking about how great it is going to be

except it's literally one of these

I think it was obvious from the slashdot announcement it was just the software packaging of Tor on a portable wireless router.

It's very close but I'd love to see a basic WiFi router that can connect to a local WiFi network, open up an OpenVPN tunnel, and create a new SSID that routes all traffic through the tunnel. Fast enough that Netflix and similar work is good enough.

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Hasn't this already been done before in various flops?

:lol:

Macbook and iPad with AirDisplay seems a more sensible choice.

MrMoo fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Oct 15, 2014

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Proteus4994 posted:

there's an ibm commercial that talks about if user X has a popular website and he's in the same cloud as you all of your stuff will slow down

it triggers my nerd rage every loving time

Netflix proves that it can be true, but I don't think IBM are advertising that they own double dippers Comcast and Verizon?

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Nintendo Kid posted:

there is no double dipping going on moron

moran, it's the only way IBM can guarantee you hamster free optimum business website traffics.

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

MrMoo posted:

I think it was obvious from the slashdot announcement it was just the software packaging of Tor on a portable wireless router.

Oh, looks like I was confusing with this: pretty much the same thing though,

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2014/08/a-portable-router-that-conceals-your-internet-traffic/

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

hobbesmaster posted:

doesn't that prevent negotiation of higher power delivery?

though i guess nobody follows that part of the usb standard. well, apple

Yes, but I think there is a usage with USB ports in cars that have data lines to feebly hook up with the car stereo. If you had a USB condom you could charge your phone, use the phone speaker and not have to use the drat awful car integration.

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Certificate of appreciation redeemable for 1 day stay for two ...

Expiration date: December 31, 2015.

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Migishu posted:

what would be more awkward: a man walking around with a prosthetic baby, sucking on its head to get to its delicious juices all day, or a man wearing a bra full of booze?

Looking like this?

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Has anyone ordered a Luna "smart bed sheet"? The idea of an electric blanket that doesn't burst into flames and learns when you sleep and gets the bed warm in time does sound pretty nice.

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Thesoro posted:

no, i have not ordered a two hundred dollar bedsheet six months in advance

Just in time for Winter next year!

I wondered how the comparables are selling on Amazon, $100 gets you a micro-fleece heated blanket, while $200+ gets you a "plush topper".

I guess it is cheaper than a Sleep Number bed :lol:

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

LED indicator is not a positive.

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Aukey seem to make nice stuff, I wondered if they just pushed to market faster with the design because the Indiegogo team wasn't smart enough in their contract, or it is just a lame OEM order.

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

:lol: photoshop out the power strip,

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Where's the beer and chip holder?

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Still watching Blink which is pretty much Dropcam but battery powered at allegedly 1 year lifetime :lol:

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

JawnV6 posted:

yeah being off by 3x is ridiculous

I guess they did manage to complete a product which is more than many projects.

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Isn't USB-C pretty much mandated by Euro-land these days to reduce e-waste and crap? That was pretty much the most interesting part of the show.

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

a watch that is "only" 1.4 inches thick, this list is clearly not going to happen:

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

This looks like it should be here:

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Go charge your tablets with 1 amp of power charger

$300,000 raised.

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

uncurable mlady posted:

1 amp is pretty worthless

most chargers are 2.1-2.4 amps these days, 1 amp will literally not charge an iPad and will take an exceedingly long time to charge an iPhone.

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

So many things on that KS, the S&M clothed lady (who should definitely consider a bra fitting) with bowl cut fringe is competing with the Phil Moore MS Paint digital treatment.

At least they're thinking big numbers, ...

MrMoo fucked around with this message at 19:30 on May 7, 2015

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Makey Makey launched a small single key version with a really low goal and broke it very quickly.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/joylabz/makey-makey-go-invent-everywhere-invent-now

Smart? pricing at $19 compared to the $9 CHIP computer.

MrMoo fucked around with this message at 19:36 on May 11, 2015

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Valeyard posted:

no no no no no no
no no no no no no
no no no no yes no

Mid-right appears the most sensible person out of that collective, remain hidden.

(edit) Sweet, Eero, the spiffy mesh-WiFi network for the home appears to be making progress.

quote:

Shutting down pre-orders
Since we’re getting closer to shipping, we’ll be shutting down pre-orders this Friday, May 22nd. Anyone who hasn’t ordered by then will be able to do so once eero is generally available late this summer.

https://medium.com/wireless-fidelity/pre-order-update-699b7b0e2418

MrMoo fucked around with this message at 00:29 on May 20, 2015

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Could have at least been a black version of the Nest with Clean Bottle, which while neat is actually designed to only contain water: it won some design competition and Nest I guess sponsored the initial production.

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Boxturret posted:

i don't understand this i love stores that don't tell you anything about the product

I think it used to have more information but Google has gone and hosed it up, cannot find jack with the Archive. I did find possibly its original kickstarter, and copy on Amazon, and the retail site.

MrMoo fucked around with this message at 01:20 on May 21, 2015

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

I thought the start was moved to SF? Is that four days from SFO to the Golden Gate Bridge?

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Bing maps says just under 40 miles and 12 hours from Point Reyes to SF,

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Google maps didn't quite work, it gives a grey dotted line then a 9 hour walk.

MrMoo fucked around with this message at 03:12 on May 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

It is supposed to be uncomfortable, that is the entire point of stand up desks. You move around and don't veg out. This literally causes the same problems as sitting down.

• Locked thread