Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Vicas posted:

this is an image i never wanted to see

and therefore that all you fuckers will get to see

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck youuuuuuuuuuu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

what happened to your old av

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
so hes a pua

figures

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
please dont neg me fm

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Sham bam bamina! posted:

i'm the ~indie~

we named the dog that

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

What's Needed posted:

Soldering iron & solder (doesn't need to be anything fancy as long as it gets the job done!)
Phillips head screwdriver
Wire clippers
Pliers
Some experience with electronics and basic soldering knowledge would be very helpful. However, if you're patient and willing to learn, our videos/instructions should be able to guide you through the process!

oh boy absolutely no chance of shorts hwre

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
hey kids dads gonna teach you to solder up a flyback transformer

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
for some reason im humming the crossfire jingle

stupid laser tag

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
tbh I don't really expect most KS to have a firm grasp on supply chain issues

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Werthog 95 posted:

i still want to see what madeupfred deleted after a couple of fyads got mad at him

it was a huge lovely collage analyzing the staff member photos

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Proteus4994 posted:

Facebook Event: Stealing all ur money - Friday, 12PM

now I have to reschedule my bitcoin ponzi

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Al! posted:

what if they deliver on all the rewards, they just happen to not be what the backers were expecting like a physical copy of the game is a burned cd and a poster is a picture printed on an inkjet

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

neil announced the launch and kickstarter at sxsw

masterstroke imo

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Werthog 95 posted:

here

• The digital filter used in the PonoPlayer has minimal phase, and no unnatural (digital sounding) pre-ringing. All sounds made (including music) always have reflections and/or echoes after the initial sound. There is no sound in nature that has any echo or reflection before the sound, which is what conventional linear-phase digital filters do. This is one reason that digital sound has a reputation for sounding "unnatural" and harsh.

• All circuitry is zero-feedback. Feedback can only correct an error after it has occurred, which means that it can never correct for all errors. By using proprietary ultra-linear circuitry with wide bandwidth and low output impedance, there is no need for unnatural sounding feedback.

• The DAC (Digital-to-Analog Converter) chip being used is widely recognized in the audio and engineering community as one of the best sounding DAC chips available today.

• The output buffer used to drive the headphones is fully discrete so that all individual parameters and circuit values and parts quality can be fully optimized for the absolute finest sound quality. The output impedance is very low so that the PonoPlayer delivers perfectly flat frequency response and wide volume range using virtually any set of headphones.

:aaaaa:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

:heysexy:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Caged posted:

its a good job that all the music on it has been nowhere near anything digital at any point in the recording, mixing or mastering process. studio engineers dont give a gently caress about 'pre ringing' or the warmth of the sound, theres no reason why people playing it back should.

you don't get audiophiles ddo you

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
its ok neither do i, and i majored in signal processing

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Miley Virus posted:

spoiler: you probably (most definitely) don't want to look up anything about this

why so you can keep your soldier panty wank anime to yourself

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

thats a whole lot of nazis in lingerie

edit: who in the west is going to play a game that has a female version of hitler showing her panties

adtrw?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

but this one was entertaining

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

i was right

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
oh god it has flavor text

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

replace better sounding music with heroin

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
is statpedia really frog fractions 2

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1662858658/barbarossa-anime-card-game-from-japan

anime ww2 well on the way to that l'il fuhrer stretch goal

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1330754003/bear-simulator

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Vicas posted:

imagine, if you will, a man pushing his head up his own rear end continuously, further and further, for 5 straight years

that's homestuck

you'd think at some point his spine just couldn't keep bending further but no, he just keeps going and going with no signs of stopping

well problem sleuth was readable and wrapped up in a relatively quick time frame...

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

quote:

In "Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Vanished," alternative thinker and researcher Paris Tosen presents his theory on Flight 370. But rather than the usual "how did it happen," he spends most of his time looking at the larger picture. Why it happened. The context.

There is a larger picture here. There is a larger reason why Flight 370 vanished.

It started in 2013. And it involves the U.S. and Russia.

Read one of the most amazing theories of 2014!

Why the eBook so soon after the plane accident?

It is very easy to have a tragic event become an unsolved mystery. This is one reason why I wrote my eBook, Why Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Vanished, on MH370.

The mystery of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 is becoming legend. The theories. The confusion. The delays. The sadness. The lack of evidence. The amazing conclusion. The rejection of the facts. The changing facts. The investigation that will take years. The list is endless.

This has all the markings of another long-term mystery, eg JFK, 9/11. And this event has the signature of design, and I think military involvement. It is essential that some people capture the truth while it was in the making: hence, my version of the truth. It doesn't matter if the truth is 100% accurate. How can it be? What matters is that an alternate version of truth is presented. And this is why I did it. I did not want to see another global mystery that they can hang over our heads.

This is my thinking based on my understanding of reality.

You have your own views. This was mine. But one thing that rang true here was the 'design'. And it's pretty impressive.

An eBook has more credibility than an online essay. I know. I have plenty of online essays. Plus, this essay was much longer than usual. If I had time I would've written a book.

~ Paris Tosen, March 24, 2014

quote:

Inspired by his holographic mentor to escape the chains of the fake reality, Cartier Fisk was prepared to die. But when he finds himself in an underground facility where people are made, he is reborn. The facility director of this place, Dr. Akio Honda, surprises him when he explains that this is where Fisk was created. The visit with the doctor isn’t the worst of his problems. Recently, Fisk discovered a human-looking android on Capitol Hill, and made it public. He is kidnapped by an intelligence outfit and must fight his way out. He falls in love with the blond Ginger. As the magic of super-science and the inner android bloomed, Fisk was to face the most powerful of all: Aluminor—a giant 4-armed interdimensional wizard. From its advanced discussions on synthetic biology to the action-packed technological battles on multiple dimensions, Master of the Androids is an interdimensional opera infused with stylish magic.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
this is a goldmine of crazy

quote:

How to tell if a magic spell has been placed on you

By PARIS TOSEN

January 6, 2014

Medicare image

Magical spells are used more often than you think and this is because there are secretive networks (covens, societies) of dark magicians, sorcerers, witches, and voodoo practitioners. These magicians are also, at times, hired by intelligence agents and cabal operatives; some are permanent staff and are quite powerful.

They may know that I am writing this essay and are not pleased because it inches closer to exposing their hidden hand. Spells lose their power the more you understand them. Look at 9/11, the more you understand it, the freer you are. But still, the fear is there in your gut because the spell is still there.

A curse is a spell placed on a person to impair them in some manner, for example, causing sickness, even cancer. A simpler example is to cause emotional outbursts or making someone have unfair demands at the most inappropriate time, like at your job or in a delicate relationship situation. The result is bad for the individual. These negative spells could be behind these life-changing events. Negative spells, curses, are often used to impair memory, to heighten paranoia or to raise fear, even to make someone fall in love with the wrong person.

Several years ago, I was at a coffee shop, this was during a point in my life where I was actively striking against the false knowledge with my own work online. Anyway, I was sitting there when I felt a stabbing pain in my foot, as if someone jammed a metal spike in my foot and I saw an image of a cherubim standing next to me stabbing something in my foot. But in the real world all was normal. Nothing out of place. No one saw nothing.

I had these kinds of attacks before so I did not yell out because it did hurt. Immediately following, I got the supernatural urge to fall in love with the very first woman who entered my space, a young and pretty girl. I am not talking falling in love with a pretty girl, but aching love for a soul mate, a twin flame, I had never seen and all of it followed this stab in my foot from the cherumbim.

I realized it was some kind of Cupid spell and I resisted it and then decoded it and found it that there was an attempt to force me to fall in love so as to detour me off my path, because my work was teaching people to see the world differently. And if the world saw the world properly then they might wake up. This is one of many examples.

There are some general ways to tell if a spell had been placed on you. Unfortunately, this is after the spell has broken or worn off. I was fortunate to have broken the Cupid spell before it took effect. But most of the time this isn’t the case. The lonely person falls in love and doesn’t see any issue with it. The relationship goes on for months or years, there are issues, there are babies, you can see how life can take a turn at the wrong time. What’s wrong with love, right? Well, it’s wrong if you were forced into it. Now, don’t get paranoid about your lovers. It’s too late anyway.

A person needs a very good understanding of themselves to prevent a magical attack because they’re usually quite subtle. A painful attack like the Cupid spell means that the spell is more powerful (and more desperate), and in most cases, the recipient will be at the mercy of the spell. Luckily, I do not fit most cases.

Please note that most magical attacks happen for a reason. If you are not magically gifted and you live a very normal life then the chance of you being cursed is very small and you might have psychological issues or health issues. If you are magically-gifted, and those who are know they are, then there is a high chance of being attacked whether they pray on your loneliness, poverty, traumatic injuries from childhood or whatever because they can exploit your worst nightmares, over and over again. Non-magicians who are actively spreading the truth or countering disinformation are also subject to these negative attacks.

Some indications, these are generalized for the sake of discussion.

you have a terribly negative or depressed mood/disposition even though you are a fairly positive person;
after a mental breakthrough you fell like “everything makes sense, again”;
you are not motivated to do the work you are supposed to do and are baffled at the reasons why;
you’re suddenly no longer afraid to do something (eg falling in love, falling out of love, getting a job, leaving a job, making money, dealing with a family issue);
you have ongoing issues of worry, guilt, and fear over things that aren’t controllable (eg weather, economy, terrorism); and
you have a breakthrough but you feel angry that you’ve wasted all those years with the wrong mindset. The breakthrough indicates the release of the magic and the anger is the resentment. Oftentimes, an angry person can be influenced again and again.

Again, only an experienced reality magician will be able to prevent an attack and they’ll prevent it because the cost of a curse can be quite high (eg lost time, lost opportunities, wrong lifestyles). In severe cases, a person may be periodically influenced until they are addicted to drugs and even are doing prostitution. Again, the goal of the dark spell is to impair the target or to ruin them, to take them off the path. Instead of becoming a marine biologist a person might be led to become an actor or a celebrity. This is another way to alter a person’s direction in life.

A person who conquers alcoholism might all of a sudden have a relapse. This could be due to a magical nudge. But life is never simple and it’s always good to take a larger examination of the individual. You cannot just blame magic if you cannot make sense of it. It needs investigation. Some people are naturally troubled and may ruin their own lives due to personal issues stemming from childhood.

From my experience, a magically-gifted person is known to other magicians who are almost certain to interfere with their lives.

The removal of a spell doesn’t erase the pain and suffering from the spell nor does it give you back your lost years, it only tells you that you could have been magically attacked. And if so, you should be more protective and aware of these subtle influences. You should also try to develop your defensive abilities. There may be more than one spell on you at any time.

A magical attack does not announce itself. In fact, the opposite is true and you only notice it because you notice that you never had these feelings before. If you all of sudden have homosexual needs, where none were present, that might be an indication. If you suddenly find yourself incredibly ill, with no explanation or cause, that might also be an indication. You get the idea.

Long term attacks can lead to serious life ruin, disease, and a troubled existence. It is also difficult to separate a magical attack from a delusion and you won’t get it right until you learn how things work. In the meantime, perhaps have a good therapist nearby. And therapists or wise friends can help break the illusion, sometimes. A friend can tell you that 9/11 was a sham, even show you the evidence, but you might not believe it. Magic is like this. It may or may not be true.

quote:

Word count varies by version and editing process.
The author is not a conventional scientist or a medical expert.
Some of this knowledge should be considered speculative and theoretical.
Some content may not be suitable for all readers. Discretion is advised.
Typographical and grammatical errors may be present. This does not diminish the authenticity of the work.
This is an investigation of great humanistic importance. It is a moral obligation to pursue this truth.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Mar 26, 2014

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

USSMICHELLEBACHMAN posted:

If it's broken and they don't fix it I'll just tweet at them until they replace it

you should fly to their hq and demand a replacement

also record it via google glass

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

JawnV6 posted:

the best food i've had comes from experts with simple tools

fire, oil, spice, steak

democratizing it and removing the process from your control enables greater heights for those experts, but cuts out the bottom rungs of the learning process and prevents us from creating the next generation of experts

idk i'm trying to club this rant together with what i see happening with hw/sw development, kids running around atop the web stack without respect/understanding/care for the machinery beneath them, but god damit throw a steak on a fire, have a crappy steak, and learn you a cookin

hi pt6a

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

stoutfish posted:

i miss rice

rice is good

please don't do a nocarb diet

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

stoutfish posted:

you would have to be really dumb to take in zero carbs.

do goons dream of loaves of bread

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
this summer there is no moore law, only ians law

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

quote:

"I need to be clear on this point: Are you telling me that Satan is literally working to confound your plans to release this game? You're saying that the actual Devil is scheming against you?"

I'm sitting in a nondescript office in an unremarkable neighborhood in Bakersfield, CA, interviewing three men about their plans for a Biblical game based on the life of Abraham.

"I believe that, 100 percent," replies Richard Gaeta, a co-founder of Phoenix Interactive. He argues that since the launch of the Kickstarter for Bible Chronicles: The Call of Abraham, trouble has come into all their lives.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/25/5496396/abraham-game-makers-believe-they-are-in-a-fight-with-satan

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
hail satan

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

poisoned pie posted:

Tasha’s home brewed Sweet Tea..$1.50

ew

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Create a poster for the poem the Striper's Soul that I wrote.

The goal of the project is to create a 18 x 24 " poster of the poem, "The Stripers Soul" This would involve taking a really good photo from the beach (probably at night time, with a fisherman pulling in a fish) that would work with the poem, and marrying them together.

Here is the poem:

The Striper's Soul
by Robert Liguori

On that cold, damp beach,
I came to claim my fame;
A hero of the inlet,
A master of the game.

It was late November,
The moon was shining full.
My hook was fresh with clam,
Set to bring my jewel.

So with a lofty cast,
I watched my bait take air.
Then down into the water,
It fell into his lair.

Patiently, I did wait,
With my finger on the line.
Waiting for the stripers touch,
Hoping he would dine.

The night was very peaceful;
A couple shooting stars.
I closed my eyes and wondered,
Were stripers near or far.

And then there was a tug,
And then silence on my line.
I knew that he'd be back,
I knew that he'd be mine.

I took a quiet moment,
To think about his soul.
Are stripers much like us?
This I feel I know.

My rod just bent in half!
My heart is pounding fast!
My line is spooling out,
What a sudden blast!

He's on, I set my hook!
And then I set again!
I give him time to run,
My rod just bends and bends!

A light rain starts to form,
And sweat roles off my face.
There's no place I'd rather be,
Than in this misty place.

I feel that I just hooked him,
Yet time has spilled away.
I've been battling this nice fish,
For hours of the day.

I spin the reel a few more times,
And now can see his tail.
He hurls out of the water,
Within the northeast gale.

I bring him into shore,
And land him on the beach.
There's nothing more to question,
This fish is five long feet.

Between fisherman and fish,
The two of us did play.
I'll send him back to sea,
Until another day.

These stripers have a gaming blood,
It's nice to understand,
That they enjoy the fight so much,
They'll do it all again.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
i didn't read it, but how bad could a poem about strippers be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
bear simulator guy posted an update about where the money is going

quote:

Other Interesting Facts:

I once ate a whole lime.
Used to make mobile apps/games but I hated them and refuse to be associated with them anymore which is why I'm starting anew with this crazy bear game.
I had a splinter the other day and couldn't find the tweezers so I went to the store and bought some but when I got back I found the other tweezers so now I have two pairs of tweezers. #TweezerHype

And this is Mars. He is a cat.

• Locked thread