Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

ayn rand hand job posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1760210928/voxelnauts-vr-mmo

voxelnauts has 30 minutes to rally the power of bitcoins to meet their goal

will it happen
lol they canceled it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
homestuck has over 700,000 words and 3-4 hours of flashes. it's really long and is best enjoyed by discussing it with friends who read it and never going to any fansite of any sort, much like everything else. basically this:

atomicthumbs posted:

It's a very long multimedia webcomic written by a funny guy. Its primary feature is its terrible, obsessive fans. i like it and i'm mostly sure that's not just because I was still in high school when I started reading it.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

computer parts posted:

cad has gotten good enough to be unremarkable (and goons melt down enough about it that they don't allow cad threads anymore)

penny arcade has gotten bad enough to be hilarious
there's still a webcomic mock thread :ssh:

it doesn't discuss CAD much because as mentioned it's just kind of meh instead of comically bad

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I said it's kind of meh which is a far cry from good

too bad to be worth reading, not bad enough to deserve constant mockery

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
but let me tell you: about homestuck

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
it's a bildungsroman for like twenty characters, impenetrably long and rife with self-referential jokes. do you enjoy data structure jokes* and some obnoxious characters with funny writing and a general reluctance to ends things when they should be ended? if so it's for u

*: not many

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

bobbilljim posted:

thanks for this i have now read it all and want more
she also does kiwi blitz http://www.kiwiblitz.com/
it's a completely different comic though

here are three comics but I'm tired and going to bed
http://www.astralaves.com/
http://derelictcomic.com/
http://killsixbilliondemons.com/

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Al! posted:

I can do you one better I can give you a science experiment he can do at home. have him stick his head in the ocean and breathe in a lungful of salt water. if he can't get enough oxygen from that breath of water then he won't get enough oxygen from that thing
haven't they updated it to just using liquid O2? which has its own set of issues

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

quote:

Hi Mark, the liquid oxygen is kept in insulated containers (called dewars). These keep the oxygen in liquid form at a temperature of -170 degrees Celius.
I like how this project isn't even selling the most impressive components directly--the perfect insulation and the ultrahigh density battery

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Trig Discipline posted:

related note: closest i have come to getting seriously injured diving was an uncontrollable buoyancy issue with a dry suit. i literally felt my chest tighten as my lungs expanded a bit, then realized what was happening and immediately exhaled as hard as i could. i wasn't hurt at all but i was :stare: for the rest of the day
uncontrollable buoyancy = start floating too fast to control and get super-bends?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

FrozenVent posted:

lol these guys have nothing on the average woman's purse

why the gently caress do they need multiple multi tools? or phones? :psyduck:
how are you going to fix your first multitool without a backup multitool? some people...

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

theflyingexecutive posted:

lol kickstarting your prototype is like financing your down payment
isn't it also disallowed? like that ever stops anyone, but still
e: oh, they're going from an early prototype to a better prototype. which I guess is...sort of following the rules?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

quote:

BIKE MINE is extremely hard for a thief to detect and when they do, it's too late: You are awake. Your neighbour is awake. They are running away as fast as they can.
when I hear an alarm in the middle of the night my first thought is "time to chase a thief and get stabbed," not "ughhhhhh" as I pull a pillow over my head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

fishmech posted:

originally they were selling the cubiio starting at $299 without the shield, and you'd need to upgrade to the $499 pledge tier to get it, btw
how much money can I save if I'm willing to be instantly blinded as soon as I open the box

• Locked thread