Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Resplendent Spiral posted:

that's cool it has a barometer so I can tell if it will rain in space

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

goddamnedtwisto posted:

basically customs are the thought police right-wing fruitloops claim exist in the uk but they never complain about them because they think they keep foreigns out.

but hmrc (seizing your car cause you had a copy of nuts in your glovebox) is separate from the ukba (keeping out dirty foreigners) and its also a branch of the treasury (takin your hard-earned pounds sterling and giving it to aforementioned dirty foreigners) so youd think theyd be all over it

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Jonnty posted:

i remember watching a documentary about the customs at dover and whenever they decided someone coming back from france had "too much" wine and it might not be just for them they seized all the wine and the car and everything inside it. ouch.

i took the ferry from dover and the british officer in the customs house gave a little speech with instructions in the most atrocious french possible

"eel fot donay muah la passport"

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

yeah but its her majestys revenue and customs and you cant argue about the queen

yeah i guess and their flag looks legit

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

the verge posted:

The Pebble smartwatch is finally shipping. It's been a long journey to this point, but despite some lingering "kinks and issues" that will be ironed out soon, the company is today dispatching the first wave of watches to its earliest Kickstarter backers. Unfortunately the total number of shipments is lower than Pebble first anticipated; less than 500 watches are going out today. Why the small figure? As it races to move outbound units to its fulfillment center, Pebble says the process has been "held up by documentation at the airport."

There's also a bit of bad news for iPhone users. It seems the Pebble iOS app won't be available for download as these initial shipments arrive. "We submitted 2 weeks ago and have been responding to reviewer feedback," reads an update on Kickstarter posted today. To be clear, you'll still have access to all of Pebble's core functionality like notification alerts and music controls. But you won't be able to install new watchfaces or firmware updates until Apple gives Pebble the stamp of approval. The Android app will be available in Google Play as planned tomorrow.

"yeah, uh, they're stuck in customs youll get them eventually" -sketchbag ebay seller, pebblesmartwatch inc.

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

that video's so quirky, ill totally fork over my own hard-earned pounds sterling for some lovely game because of it! :iamafag:

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

:wtc:

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
someone make an iphone case with an integrated clip that can hold a marijuana cigarette

or just an iphone case that is a miniature bong. maybe we can roll yosbong into that project jonny

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

flyboi posted:

so i guess that one woman that said something about doing tropes in video games that got like 150k and the internet hate machine against her hasn't produced anything in 9 months so the reddit army is getting ready to strike

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/17eu0z/its_been_9_months_since_feminist_martyr_anita/

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
i love that reddit thinks male feminists are all white knights.

actually, they probably think that any man who thinks of women as anything more than sex objects are being white knights.

then they wonder why women wont gently caress 'em. makes u think.

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/915798840/friendzone-tees

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

:thejoke:

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

qirex posted:

there's only two good e-ink watches and they're made by seiko and one costs $450-600 and the other costs $900-1000

jfc

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

this is my watch. i probably will not get a smartwatch until they make one that is pretty much the same size (including thickness), as durable, and has a battery i can go without charging for at least a month.

i want my smartwatch to be like a regular loving watch... but smart.

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
obviously it'd be ideal if the screen took up the whole face of the watch. i'm not saying i want a 1x2cm segmented lcd on my smartwatch.

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Ericadia posted:

For the record I denounce Ian McLean

USA #1

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

devs can we disable this for postin in the 'pos?

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

RoadCrewWorker posted:

too obvious you blew it

good try though

iwanttobelieve.svg

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
so im probably totally "late to the game" on this one, as they say, but this actually looks awesome and i kind of regret only hearing about it now.

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
oh im so glad this got funded cause my laptop is always getting crushed by cars and let me tell you its the worst

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
im the solution in search of a problem

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

duTrieux. posted:

that loving video

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

i assumed that was the source of the name but then i realised thatd require them to be clever

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
considering that i have to separate egg yolks maybe once a month, tops, im fine just cracking the egg into my hands over a bowl. gotta get your hands messy if youre gonna cook good, brah.

this thing also looks like it could be really unreliable and end up leaving some yolk behind in the whites, which is fine if youre just trying to be health conscious but will ruin your meringue/soufflé/angel food cake

yourcookingtechniqueisapieceofshit.txt

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Funded! This project successfully raised its funding goal on February 1.
6,398 backers
£153,219 pledged of £50,000 goal
0 days to go

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

dur posted:

i have that same fiestaware

i prefer the vintage red kind
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi0xZMppDlU

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

PleasingFungus posted:

death is certain

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

a kickstarter about kickstarter?!? :iamafag:

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

i can only hear this in leonard nimoy's voice from way too much civ 4

I fooled you, I fooled you, I got pig iron, I got pig iron, I got all pig iron

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=ianfmclean&ftab=AllFeedback&myworld=true

hows that mens korean fashion double-breasted wool trench coat jacket treatin' you, ian?

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Jonny 290 posted:

Ian.

realtalk.

unironic

do the thing where you chart all sorts of data and allow us to stretch and mold those graphs with deceptive scaling so that we can do poo poo like 'prove' to people that the number of gun murders is directly proportional to soybean futures or whatever

i would use this all the time, you would get notoriety, you'd get to massage and gently caress with data, and you'd be under the comforting umbrella of satire, meaning that people might not crawl up your rear end quite so bad.

allow me to find a graph on your site, drag start/end lines on it, and have your magical mystery machine find the five closest curve fits, from which i could select the most hilarious

end serious
iI'd use the poo poo out of this

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Heresiarch posted:

Ian and the Amazing Schizocolor Dreamcoat

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
hey does rapgenius have a kickstarter?

well, with amazing, high quality content like this, they totally should:

http://rapgenius.com/Christopher-dorner-manifesto-lyrics

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Ian McLean posted:

I wish for the somethingwonderful forums to come out soon, perhaps I will find them.

ian this is a great idea. please start a kickstarter to fund it. i'll write the php if you send me 3/4 of the $100,000 you raise.

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
holy poo poo, this is the worst thing i've ever seen funded:pwn:

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
im the glossy white ribbon cable that will fray and discolour in 2 weeks

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

flyboi posted:

at that price there's no way that thing could ever support thunderbolt and even then if it did it could just be 1 cable instead of both

quote:

Is the MacDock compatible with Thunderbolt?.

No, at least not yet. Thunderbolt technology is in very early stages and it is very expensive to get a licence for it. Instead we have decided to transfer USB 3.0 as it has a comparable data transmission speed and it’s more widely used.

so at least theyre being realistic

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

please help us raise capital in order to crush capitalism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

how the hell is he planning to live on £10,000 for a whole year??

• Locked thread