Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qirex
Feb 15, 2001

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

Unbelievable Testing Laboratory has created Tyvek paper shoes weighing in at 150g. Support our Limited Edition Light Wing project.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/theutlab/light-wing-trainers-impossibly-light-tyvek-paper-s?ref=discover_pop

$80,089
pledged of $15,000 goal

tyvek is completely unbreathable so this will provide basically the same comfort level as wrapping your feet in saran wrap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Shaggar posted:

that lockitron thing is actually pretty cool

there's a bunch of these, the root problem is that if your door isn't perfectly aligned they don't have the torque to throw the deadbolt

http://www.august.com/

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

i didnt click it before

i regret clicking it now

can design this bad become a new form of hatecrime

User Hostile Design is the new trend, everyone can make easy to read and use websites now, it takes real talent and dedication to make one that's unusable

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

also the demo video will make you hate yourself even more

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Al! posted:

i can't think of many doors that are hung properly.
that's why the august one has the best design because you can still manually throw the bolt with your hand

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

and yet it still seems to only be for insufferable shitlords

well yeah it's a $200 gadget that saves you the utterly plebian task of using your keys, who else is it for?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

theflyingexecutive posted:

could you imagine being the kind of person who would pay money for that and then wait with bated breath for 12 calendar months for the fruits of your $5 to appear?

was it here where people posted the Megatokyo kickstarter where multiple people have pledged $2000 to be characters in his "visual novel"?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fredrin/megatokyo-visual-novel-game
trigger warnings: anime, funded

13 individual people have pledged $2000, 4 $1000 and over 400 people have pledged more than $100 to "play" a "game" that is just pictures and dialog trees

also this is for "part 1"

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

getting paid to produce one drawing every couple weeks and have convention girls throw themselves at him probably staves off suicide

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

last I heard Americans work almost the most hours [second to hong kong] but are average in productivity

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Trig Discipline posted:

sounds like a huge rear end in a top hat

:haw:

JGA

just groaned audibly

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

software development and cohesive narrative are kind of at odds with each other, like if 2 months from release it's like "oh poo poo we have to cut this level because we can't get it to run acceptably on a PS3" and the writer would have to re-write like the whole game

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Read more > Julien Gardair, Allergic To Dog, Sex With Dog, Woman Dies After Sex With Dog, Woman Dies From Dog Sex, Woman Dies Sex Dog Allergic, Woman Dog Sex, Weird News

huffpo is just buzzfeed for old people

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

PleasingFungus posted:

the 'awesome bar' (awful name) is legit good tech and it's shameful that some other browser hasn't stolen it yet so I can use a browser that doesn't leak memory like a stuck pig.
yeah I had to switch to chrome at work and the firefox history thing is way better

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

salads are better with chopsticks, poking at a lettuce leaf vacuum-sealed to the bottom of a bowl with a fork is dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

so ian is basically kyoon now?

• Locked thread