Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

ahmeni posted:

when it comes to dealing with biohazard stuff, disposable is king

I churn through a heap of chemicals and disposable syringes, brushes, gloves and gowns because endoscopes can have terrible things on them even though 95% of them come in sterilized from a hospital

were even starting to get into disposable endoscopic cameras, which basically broadcast video to a belt attachment you wear and then poop out and don't worry about fishing through crap to retrieve
which end do those cameras go in, and how tiny are they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

sid meier and his wife are both lutheran really hard

dude plays the organ for his church and doesn't hold public political views tho or even like talking about business

everyone just says he's super nice and humble and stuff so he's a jesus nerd that just wants to code up isabella gettin pissed at you for not loving jesus

will wright is a libertarian shithead

totally want to go hear sid meier rock out on the organ now.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

chumpchous posted:

Got a Pliny the Elder, Black Butte XXIV and Black Butte XXV in the fridge at home. Nothing in europe will ever come close to being that delicious
got one of them black butte XXVs sitting in the fridge too as well as a bunch of awesome southern tier stuff. someday this is definitely going to pay off.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Sniep posted:

you put a group of 12 year olds in a computer lab before htere was the internet (web) (thus they don't want to be there) and tell me how long it takes to disable all the computers cuz they have no mouse balls
we always had to make "dead mice" (turned upside down) before leaving the lab so they could be checked. a teacher literally told a middle school class that someone had been stealing the balls out of the dead mice and did not expect to be laughed at.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

cooking rice is pretty easy, but having a rice cooker makes it into a zero thought thing. and lol at 15 minute rice cooking times, too good for brown rice?

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Carthag posted:

i played backgammon on national phys ed day in high school
i took bowling by correspondence for a semester of pe credit.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

vintage clothing as real clothing is stupid as all gently caress yes, but im not talking about references to "poo poo in the 80s," its the same dumb nerd circlejerk for poo poo that happened but was actually really dumb

i mean nobody actually owned a powerglove but nerds cant get enough of talking about them

i actually had a friend who owned a powerglove. i was a very disappointed kid when i couldn't just wave my hand around and control games like in the commercials.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Werthog 95 posted:

so i'm catching up on the av club's best standup albums of 2013 and one of the guys did this https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/309790545/kurt-braunohlers-cloud-project

i got stopped on the street by someone who was just SURE that i was this guy, and she had seen me on tv the night before. i don't think i played it right.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

USSMICHELLEBACHMAN posted:

aka crackerspace

:eyepop:

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA posted:

Use the enamelled cast iron one for sure, that grill pan is gonna be weak

i have a cast iron grill pan from when i didn't know poo poo about cooking and now i never use it - is there any reason to keep it around in addition to my regular cast iron?

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Enter Char posted:

he means a cast iron pan with ridges

they suck

yeah after learning more it seems like a pretty dumb idea - minimizing the contact with the hot surface is pretty counterproductive. one more thing to clean out of the cabinet then :tipshat:

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

has anyone said scatpedia yet?

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Nelson MandEULA posted:

at least they fixed their metadata:

im herbie handcock

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Vicas posted:

civilians

gear up boys we're fighting a war

uh obviously. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loudness_war

(this really needs that military conflict infobox)

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Miley Virus posted:

warhammer 401k
why is there not a business, finance, and careers fyad-lite so someone could use this name?

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

prefect posted:

going faster miles an hour

with the radio on

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Nintendo Kid posted:

LEGO Kingdom Hearts The Video Game
so does this cross over with angry birds star wars jenga or not?

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Elder Postsman posted:

i'm also gonna try the deep fried fried egg on a stick at the fair

:eyepop:

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Mido posted:

it's rooted in not understanding that being passionate about a vision or idea doesn't mean it's the best thing ever

also that realism does not necessarily equal fun

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

uncurable mlady posted:

this is the best thread in yospos rn

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

anthonypants posted:

believe it or not, dead archie is canon. zombie archie or archie vs predator are those "what if?" not-canon ones
i like it when wikipedia thread content crosses over with other threads

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Valeyard posted:

uwe bowls kickstarter failed and he went nuts i guess, or this is some joke i dont get

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQJwEAqzFs4&hd=1

"It's so pissing me off how fake that business is, but also how the young people of today falling in the f*cking trap, because they're all stupid," Uwe Boll began his rant against Marvel fans. "Like wake the f*ck up! Iron Man is not existing. Avengers are not existing. Because they are all f*cking retarded idiots. And Robert Downey Jr. and all them people are idiots. Not idiots, they just grab the money. And they're laughing their asses off that the people pay money to that stupid, absurd sh*t that they are shooting, like Captain America and all that completely crap."
ehh... he seems about right in that quote

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Sham bam bamina! posted:

bartleby is e/n and ignatius is more of a sad puppy than a goon, the true avatar of yospos is the underground man
i had to look this up, but yep, yospos as gently caress

quote:

The Underground Man is extremely alienated from the society in which he lives. He feels himself to be much more intelligent and “conscious” than any of the people he meets. However, he is aware that his consciousness often manifests itself as a skepticism that prevents him from having confidence in any of his actions. This skepticism cripples him and keeps him from participating in “life” as other people do. The Underground Man constantly analyzes and second-guesses every thought and feeling he has. He is therefore incapable of making decisions about anything.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

prefect posted:

mel brooks is jewish? :monocle:

a jewish entertainer? get out of here!

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

sund posted:

never read it but a roommate once told me thoreau had his mom do his laundry. truly an inspiration.
now we either have our employers or a dozen competing iphone applications to do it for us. what an age we live in.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Al! posted:

when I first started working, lots of people would bring their food on tiffins, but I think we're alone now.
just didn't want to let this go unnoticed

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

prefect posted:

it's about backstage at saturday night live, right? do you have to like saturday night live to enjoy 30 rock?
i didn't watch it for a while because "it's from the head writer of snl, there's no way it could possibly be funny." i couldn't have been more wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

exploded mummy posted:

I don't own a humidor but most of those seem sensible
reported for rule 36 violation

• Locked thread