Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR
sincere or ironic wealth flaunting is rly gross and only impresses people you shouldn't be happy about impressing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6uX4xvDT5A&t=121s

this but with poo poo instead of beer

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

homeopathy is covered by the uk's nhs because one of the guys who's in charge of that stuff is a homeopath

whenever i hear stuff like that i wonder how hard it is to break into the magic water biz

the 'alternative medicine' business is worth billions and billions of dollars because they can peddle twigs and leaves with minimal oversight or regulation and no need to actually do any research. companies who sell this poo poo present themselves as natural alternatives to Big Scary Pharma but they're massive international corporations making money hand over fist.

tl;dr find out how then do it immediately

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR
gentlemen, you are here because i'd like you to be a part of a revolution that will change the face of table-top gaming forever

*unveils monopoly board with rage faces badly taped on*

we call it memeopoly.

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR
they are nerds and they went to pax why are you trusting their opinions on anything

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR
molecular gastronomy is pretty cool and heston blumenthal is all about people trying it for themselves instead of it being some wanky pretentious bullshit

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR
it probably still is though sorry heston

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR

goddamnedtwisto posted:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mclear/nfc-ring

a "wearable computing" nfc ring you can use to unlock your phone and give out your contact details. completely pointless and less practical and secure than literally any alternative. if it had a bottle opener it'd be peak kickstarter.

Someone's been watching Click

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR

Sham bam bamina! posted:

also lol @ all the goonlords here who don't know what collar stays are

got dat wmd spotted

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR

syscall girl posted:

aren't they remaking point break? but without the surfing?

yeah it's called the fast and the furious

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR

goddamnedtwisto posted:

i like you flyboi, you're like a sort of idiot canary down a mine that nobody was going to go down anyway

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR
why would you play the getaway for one hour let alone several it's atrocious

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR
oh my apologies i thought you meant the godawful ps2 game

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR
I'll buy it off you for $25 + shipping

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR
more like kickstart lowtax in the head again

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR

TOOT BOOT posted:

Apparently Uwe Boll told Lowtax it was just a publicity stunt and it wouldn't be a real boxing match

then when Lowtax got in the ring Boll was hitting him full force

lol

when a beefy german guy sends out invitations to everyone who has panned his movies asking if they want to take part in a sport where you punch your opponent in the face i'd be suspicious something's up

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR
americans discover microbrews, naturally assume they're the best at doing that along with everything else ever

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR

quote:

One of my most profound moments was when I realized that Hydrogen was the only atom without a neutron, thus providing a direct route to GOD.

Gonna need to see your work on that one, buddy.

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR

Sweevo posted:

based on a complete misunderstanding of how cars, alternators, and electricity work

but apart from that the idea's fairly sound

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR

Hashtag Nascar posted:

i like the detailed analysis of where he'll be spending the $900 lol

mom said i need a business plan

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

i accidentally went to a happy hour intended for UX/design people once

• 90% female

• 100% under 30

• 50% turned out to actually be social media / marketers who had nothing to do with design.

so i guess if you're a super nerd there's your dating pool, served on a plate. pretend to care about "flat design" for an hour, meet a ton of employed under-30 women

i wouldn't mind going to that just for the subject matter :/

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

My brother and I would sit behind my dad and watch him play myst and riven for hours and it was great dadsrule dads #dads :allears:

i played ico with 2 of my friends and we took turns holding the controller while chiming in with puzzle suggestions it was awesome

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR
As a kid I used to click 'burn' and then run out of the room because I was so afraid of activity on the computer loving up the burn (CDRs are expensive, man!) that I thought even the vibrations of my footsteps moving the mouse might gently caress things up.

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR

Install Windows posted:

the commodore 64 was dirt loving cheap. it dropped below $300 in like 1984 after being release in 1982 for $600. then by 1986 it was like $200

it was popular globally because dirt cheap + still technically useful for some computer stuff

in contrast the amiga sold like poo poo everywhere but a bunch of idiot euro nerds overestimate its importance because their parents never bought them real game consoles or real computers.

You are the old tech nerd version of "real programmers" and they're wrong too

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR
you thought you knew this beloved children's fairytale well think again because this tale is dark and hosed up motherfucker

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR
mods

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR

Werthog 95 posted:

giime your jerkcity book, i missed out on that

flyboi posted:

they still haven't shipped them yet

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR
i backed a code camp that offered a free copy of some book about iphone development but i was too lazy to send them my address and never got it

i'm also waiting on my virtuix omni because i am an idiot who backed the virtuix omni

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR

Dr. Honked posted:

l@@k @ this loving thing. powered by a rubber band, no radio control, they just yell at it and hope it comes back

i thought you were joking but they literally do yell at it, amazing

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR
any "lets play" where youre just watching some insufferable nerd complete sonic the hedgehog is going to be terrible but there's some funny youtubes of yelling idiots playing videogames like the super best friends playing any david cage game

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR

Tori CMOS posted:

Please stop using the phrases "software engineer" and "computer engineer" unless they are literally licensed engineers. Thanks in advance.

i have a degree in software engineering ergo im a software engineer

go cry over a cnc machine or whatever the gently caress you do, grandad

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR
we should restrict the title engineer to only the trusted elites with the sacred knowledge such a hallowed title implies

for more on the topic id like to introduce a good friend of mine, grover get on up here

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR
They call Los Angeles the 'City of Angels.' I didn't find it to be that, exactly.

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR
last night i got home at like 6am on the light rail which was free for new years eve it owned

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR

goddamnedtwisto posted:

back when that was a pub it was a great place to go and get drunk and have a fight before setting off into the shittier clubs around the old street/city road area to do the same but with less lighting

i want to kickstart a time machine to bring a load of 70s/80s hoxton residents to give this lot the stabbings they so richly deserve

yeah the east end was better when it was scumbags and stabbings, thats way better than some dude w/ a lovely moustache

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR

goddamnedtwisto posted:

yeah, glad you agree

even eastenders has been gentrified, you have no chance to survive make your novelty bow tie

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR
how much arsing about does it take to cook stuff with that

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR

Dr. Honked posted:

triangular “Toblerone” shaped

kickstarter is a front for fractional reserve banking, "crowd funding" allows fiat currency to exist in multiple places invest in bitcoin and donate them all to the ron paul fund

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR
sorry mate hersheys chocolate is super rubbish and nobody else eats that muck

• Locked thread