Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

that watch reminds me of those android people who remove absolutely everything from the home screen and make it so doing anything on your phone takes three taps, two swipes, and a pagan ritual. because "minimalist"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

roll 2d6 for your security check

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

GameCube posted:

p sure the die is for scale. sorry to ruin teh jokes

because a usb cable and micro-sd card aren't enough for that

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sham bam bamina! posted:

i freaking love review scores with decimal points
how else will you know it's .1 better than a 5.5 game???

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

they still make total wars and uh something else i think?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

why do male characters get a bonux to anal intrusion?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

"accustomed to anal sex"

that's a separate, additional modifier.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

surebet posted:

jfc that's a pretty impressive gently caress up

yeah hiring someone from htc is a pretty massive mistake.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i kinda want this.

maybe when it's available.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

:ssh: nearly every grade of aluminum is used in aircraft somewhere for some purpose

it's kinda meaningless anyway since there's no reason that metal that's good for an airplane would also be good for a wallet

the reason is that "aircraft grade" sounds good and "space age" is cliche

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

lol you don't keep a grip of zipties in your edc kit and bugout bags? how do you even leave the house lmao

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

honda ridgelines are exactly what consumer trucks should be (except like 10-20% smaller)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

bro if i can't haul 10000 lbs at a moment's notice i don't even bother! what? no, i don't have a trailer hitch installed, why do you ask?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

newer than air 2 has the class-leading apple pencil available for it

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

lol if you think that the kickstarter wasn't just someone selling that selfie stick for 8 times the price.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

"we put a lovely meme on a lovely watch! let's see if anyone notices!"

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/harambe/harambe-swiss-movement-watch-the-value-of-our-time

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

knowing the temperature and humidity of your humidor is a good thing, though not so much that you need anything more than a cheap $10 digital temp/humidity gauge with a digital display that you can check once in awhile (as long as it's closed, neither will differ too much with even passive humidifiers). that it doesn't do the latter makes it kinda pointless for that application

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i'm glad for the drink-identifying cup, because too often do i pour coke into my cup only to find out it was actually diarrhea!!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

"well, we got the up, left, a, and r1 buttons working, but we can't quite figure out the rest..."

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

anthonypants posted:

you know they never actually say you can play games on the watch but i don't think gamers will pick up on that

what? yes it does. they call out five whole atari games that will be "playable" at launch. $150 to play centipede on your wrist!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

anthonypants posted:

"We'll be launching with these mini-games, with more to come in our stretch goals."

what part of that says you can play on the watch and not on the "PixelFurnace" desktop app. where is there a video of someone playing a game on the watch.
okay, yes, nowhere does it say "you can play these games on the watch" they only talk about playing games on the watch and have a gif of a game being run on the watch.

quote:

You can play games anywhere. A couple of rocks, a stick and some imagination, and you can game. Since the early arcade days, and later TV consoles, platforms, mobiles.....every time a new technology comes along people discover new ways to adapt it for gaming. So when people see a Smartwatch and say that 'the screen is too small' to game on....we just see lack of imagination.

so, sure, yes, they might be being exceptionally deceptive.

not that i'm defending the thing even if they're not, but i don't think that's the case here.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i get it, you think they are just being intentionally deceptive. it's fine. i don't really care either way because it's a massive pile of poo poo either way and lol at anyone who gets one

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

anthonypants posted:

it is and you should definitely update the thread when yours arrives

okay i will be sure to never do that then

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

that's just literally "we think this is a cool idea but aren't sure the market is there, so let's just get people to preorder it"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

strong competitor for most worthless right here

is it iandros, Iandros or landros?

based on the huge image, iandros

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

my friend's kids are selling these things, apparently. i assume they are just buying them from alibaba and reselling them to their friends or something

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

do you like pillows?

do you like computers?

well we put a computer in your pillow!

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...urce=1bc.fnd.to

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

*picture of transparent iphone mockup*

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

look at this fuckin dude from the wikipedia page.

dude's wearing the military uniform from his campaign to subjugate the Zulu people and he's carrying the cane he uses to beat his servants

jared kushner has one weird hobby

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

tankless water heater, but with an app

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...urce=1.go2.fund

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MrMoo posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ghosttechnologies/nanite-the-micro-smartphone-you-can-take-anywhere

Trying to make another Android Wear phone but failing and ending up with a size in between a watch and a phone then punting on Kickstarter. Good luck with that.

$15k total needed and will ship by november i'm sure

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://www.gofundme.com/9wvxt9-replacement-window

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

can't bring me a beer; useless

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

can't bring me a fukken beer. useless

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

y'all all I want a fucken house drone to do is bring me a fucken beer. get the gently caress on it sv

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

[quote="“~Coxy”" post="“476872859”"]
have a kid
[/quote]

way more expensive than this thing

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

George posted:

loving tag urslef

i'm the strap trainer

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

for the man who has everything except time to wash his towels...ever

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1618058522/mizu-the-future-of-towels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Avenging_Mikon posted:

How long did it take Capcom to get to Street Fighter III?

street fighter 1 came out in 1987. street fighter 3 came out in 1997. in between they released 8 street fighters

• Locked thread