Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

i dont recommend watching this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grAeiyNqDu8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

i liked the bit where hes asked what he does on the project and he replies with 'i used to work in a bank'

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

the dev team is just the 'head developer'

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

congrats on taking three months (i think?) to raise $500 though

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Surely

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Need braces

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

If unity is easier than c# then consider me your next lovely mobile game developer

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

spongeh posted:

link to this i have to see this

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

WorkingPeer posted:

but hmrc (seizing your car cause you had a copy of nuts in your glovebox) is separate from the ukba (keeping out dirty foreigners) and its also a branch of the treasury (takin your hard-earned pounds sterling and giving it to aforementioned dirty foreigners) so youd think theyd be all over it

yeah but its her majestys revenue and customs and you cant argue about the queen

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

reminder that the head of the EDL is currently in prison in the uk for travelling with false documents

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

ian your site sucks for editing a search if it had no results

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Scale or return

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Ian McLean posted:

So about that Python program I wrote.

What happens if that just spreads to the world like wildfire?

Google comes to the Federal Reserve Board with a 100 billion dollar bill for one month.

Federal Reserve Board is like.... how is that possible?

Google says, oh there is this computer program going around the internet spamming your address for cost per click.

What is Federal Reserve Board going to say... oh well I guess we are still going to advertise the Federal Reserve Board on Google after paying this ridiculous bill?

Do I care if Federal Reserve Board pays Google 100 billion in advertising costs? Yes. I believe it would be a good thing. Google is responsible.

How does the printing press really work these days?

You have no idea how google works do you

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

quote:

The competition is any company displaying statistics somewhere on the internet in some way.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Ian McLean posted:

A professor mentioned something about it yesterday. They are able to make custom cases for situations I do believe.
This has nothing to do with the thing you posted

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

http://www.google.com/intl/en_ALL/ads/adtrafficquality/index.html

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Have you ever looked at Adwords

Do you even know how any of that poo poo works

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

What in christs name are you babbling about

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Doing what Adwords does is in your business plan but you have no idea what Adwords does

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

I even gave you the link to the bit where they define click fraud and how they remove it you tit

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Also all p languages suck

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

I mean you don't even understand how people go about getting ads on google results

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

10k for a clown sized lanyard

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Milkie Galore posted:

ian do you realise that the CPC for that ad is probably like $1 at best

and that youre a loving idiot

He doesn't even know about mdo caps though so

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

hi toblerone

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

statpedia is still dumb though

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

the plan was to programatically click on a federal reserve advert on google which would run up their ad costs and gogole would demand millions of dollars off the federal reserve because of the clicks

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

TOOT BOOT posted:

So if ian's a troll what was the all the statpedia kickstarter poo poo about, either that part was real or he was gonna bounce with $20k if he got funded

Maybe it's really him but he was making fun of us making fun of him makes you think

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Ian mcreal

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LknJI5bIf6c&t=2s

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

shut down kickstarter, give the money to animal charities

i can get behind this

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

horse mans posted:

no loving way, my ocd won't let me

and WHY THE gently caress are seconds not included in the post timestamp!!!! GOD loving DAMMIT

Can you not parse the post ids out and use that as a comparison

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

horse mans posted:

how would the post ID give me the seconds in the post time

It wouldn't but they're sequential yeah? So group by time and order by post id?

Idk if it would work or be useful but post post post

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jag/dev-tees?ref=home_spotlight

quote:

Today clothes are more than just protection from the elements and a way to cover our private parts. The clothes we wear say things about us: what music we listen to, what sports teams we like, what profession we are in, and what we are passionate about. Especially t-shirts.

That's why I want to make the Dev Tees collection: because developers are just as passionate about what they do as anybody else I know.

It's not that I think there aren't already any cool t-shirt for developers - it's just that there aren't enough. I have several fun ideas for shirts that announce your developer status to the world in really fun ways.

I want to get started with these six designs. I have tons of other concepts, but these are the most polished, and worthy of getting on a shirt ASAP.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

my other tshirt was gassed

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

pebblol

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Kick starter to bring your audiophile cable pebbles to market

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

graph posted: