Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Call Now posted:

I loving loved Ecco but this looks like a 90s screensaver

Stretch Goals

If we exceed our goal by 50% the game will get multiplayer, cooperative game play. Players will be able to share environments, creatures, and complete quests as teams.

If we reach 2X our goal we will be able make the Big Blue an MMO.

If you have played the game Eve Online, think of an aquatic version of that game and you’d have a good idea how the Big Blue Online will work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

im the f?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

tell chengyin she need to up her icon res stat

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
actually they don't chop it off

they cut it down the middle like a hot dog bun then cram it back into you to make a fake vagina

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
p. sure normal hotdogs contain penis meat too

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
moroni

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
jokes about pedophilia don't work well when you actually look like a pedophile

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA posted:

There's even a whole hispanic section! Yum Yum!

im sure those recipes all suck but mexicans seriously love mayonnaise

never seen a hot dog stand or corn guy without it. even in a nice seafood restaurant, oftentimes you just get a big dish of mayonnaise on teh side

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Trig Discipline posted:

they're just blasting the sound of the ocean at 130 DB

wasnt that a star trak movie

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

OXBALLS DOT COM fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jun 10, 2013

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

ahmeni posted:

is there a kick starter for a product to quickly ripen avocado
I will pledge my dollars

yeah it's called a paper bag

help me come up with a painfully twee name and we can sell them for $4 a pop

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

https://twitter.com/DadBoner/status/269158643470057472

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

prefect posted:

wouldn't be the first time somebody got rich thanks to a stupid idea

the product was stupid but the idea of selling stupid poo poo to idiots is timeless and excellent as always

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
why do all the good hd makers get bought out by the shittiest ones

i don't understand

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
oh i forgot wd bought hitachi and not seagate

still, just one exception that proves the rule

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

syscall girl posted:

the whole drat world is on a race to the bottom

apparently it's been this way for some time but we've gotten really good at it lately

i guess it just bothers me that this is true across the board on both macro and micro levels. like it's bad enough that jobs and the nation are on a race to the bottom, but even petty bullshit like computer parts and processed food products are getting steadily shittier too.

i was expecting bread and circuses to distract me, but even then all i see is this bread isn't as good as the bread last year and these lions are getting lazy as gently caress

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
sorry for careposting my bad

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Proteus4994 posted:

so you can make almost 100k/yr with a math or physical science degree?

uh, that's not "dick" that's p good actually wtf else will you do with a math degree other than actuary or teaching high school (the answer is "nothing" which i know because i have a math degree)

should have done finance

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

that's cool now google how much a physics or engineering phd can make in finance

or how much an cardiologist makes

and now you know why nasa has astronaut recruitment problems

cardiologist has way more school/training to pay for

finance is the clear winner by far

im serious they fuckign love pure science majors

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Proteus4994 posted:

that's fine if you want a job completely unrelated to your degree

most people don't

if you are math guy you will still be doing math stuff

just getting paid $200k base to do it. plus bonuses.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
the rich ones are miserable and angry all the itme too hth

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
cookie (n.) 1703, American English, from Dutch koekje "little cake," diminutive of koek "cake," from Middle Dutch koke (see cake (n.)).

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
but guys how many times have you sat down with your phoen adn thought goddamn i really wish i could plug this thing into a monitor with a full desktop environment

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
i bet its hundreds nay thousands of times

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
also 3 people have already pledged ten thousand human earth dollars each for one goddamn ubunti phone what the hell

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Heresiarch posted:

one day there will be phone-to-desktop systems that are worth using but it's not going to be until well after stockholders shred the desktop pc market (re: what's happening with dell right now)

i don't think it will ever happen because why not just buy a cheap mini-desktop and wireless sync your files

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
is it more stupid to buy a dumb gadget or to donate less money but without even getting an actual hardware?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Migishu posted:

You know what people like spending money on? The new "organic" fad. Ever wanted to drink something that was organic? Well, look no further than drinking some ORGANIC WATER :what:

water distilled from fruit juice

it's either a bad scam or the most blatantly wasteful luxury bullshit ever

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

homeopathy is covered by the uk's nhs because one of the guys who's in charge of that stuff is a homeopath

whenever i hear stuff like that i wonder how hard it is to break into the magic water biz

also prince charles

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Heresiarch posted:

because all of the desktop manufacturers are going to crater terribly

michael dell knows that dell is long-term hosed right now and he's going to have to totally redesign the company from the ground up around the new market requirements, which is why he's trying to take the company private. he knows that stockholders never, ever want to have a quarter than was less profitable than the last one, even if it's because they're retooling everything to make sure the company is still around in five years

naturally those same stockholders are fighting him every step of the way, and if they win they win, dell will be dead within the decade as they desperately flail around for short-term profitability

but who cares who makes it? it's always going to be cheaper to put the same basic hardware in a bigger box with no batteries instead of cramming ram and ssds into a tiny battery-powered box that also has to be durable and portable. unless people take the retarded giant phone thing to the next level and start tolerating poo poo on phones like fans and getting too hot to hold.

if people actually wanted a crippled tiny computer you could pump that poo poo out for next to nothing right now. build them right into every monitor.

OXBALLS DOT COM fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jul 23, 2013

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
then sell the dead ones as a green diet supplement

bugs are more efficient guys wave of the future

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
i dunno kokopelliism sounds pretty sweet

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

goddamnedtwisto posted:

as a matter of interest is "game scriptwriter" a job that actually exists? because with a couple of notable exceptions most games have plots and dialogue that makes twilight slashfic look good, so i've always assumed they're just smashed together in a spare ten minutes by the devs between colouring everything brown and working on the jiggle physics

valve hired some sci-fi writer (who was workign a day job as a legal secretary) named Marc Laidlaw for halflife and Clive Barker's Undying was p. good.

so basically no, at best they'll hire some jobber to turn out a few bits of prose or just have a designer or producer do it

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Vicas posted:

i have a bottle opener on my keychain. it's kinda lovely but it gets the job done and i'm always the only one in the room who seems to have one on me (i guess i don't hang out with enough kickstarter fans)
same

this is me irl:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
reminder that madden is the nfl's second largest source of licensing revenue after apparel

so ahahhaha

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
hm if only there was a way to place a foam pad between the seat and my crotch that didn't require special underwear

some way to attach a foam pad to the seat itself

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
p. sure those are just retarded names for colors

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
you can make it from water via electrolysis or from natural gas via steam reformation, but the key is where do you get the energy to make it and is it better than just using the electricity or natural gas directly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Sweevo posted:

generating hydrogen on an industrial scale via electrolysis is a fairly reasonable plan, particularly if you do it using the overnight baseload power that otherwise doesn't really get used.

all these stupid water car things are the same though - a jar of water with wires going to the battery and a pipe going to the intake, and based on a complete misunderstanding of how cars, alternators, and electricity work

its not an awful plan and there are places that already do this but storing hydrogen is expensive and difficult so right now it mostly gets converted to ammonia for fertilizer

• Locked thread