Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
Remember that there's a cooler out there with a motor so you can ride it, and it's not even a Kickstarter thing it's a thing that's been retail for years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
I Kickstartered the zoombinis remake which owns, some random dude's art project which was ok, and catlateral damage

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

is it like a riding lawnmower with a space to keep cold beer?
does it run on propane?

http://www.cruzincooler.com/

they go up to 13 mph, range up to 15 miles

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
I seen wild turkeys like a block away from my apartment in Boston

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
in the old days on comedy central and sci fi channel, they had a bunch of books that existed for pop culture references. now that they have that cline guy on staff they can just use him

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
i'm picturing him being kept in a cage in a corner of the writers' room

if he does good they toss him some collectible toy from 1986

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
i still would love to own a delorean.

you know, so long as it was modded with some manner of modern engine and transmissions and all the rest so that it would be worth driving.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

theflyingorc posted:

am i crazy or aren't there situations where you can't get out of the car in like tight parking spaces

well yeah but that happens with regular doors too.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
it's too bad bob's game is so loving bad

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Sham bam bamina! posted:

the thing is that 3.5/5 isnt even mediocre, 2.5 is

game reviews have such goddamn inflated scores, including that one

if you got a 70 on a test in school you'd be barely above failing, so 3.5/5 is mediocre as hell

why should we consider something still passable if it can't even get half of things right (2.5/5)?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

anthonypants posted:

it is weird and a little disappointing that the furry community has so much disposable income

when you can't leave your house except for cons, it's easy to build up disposable income

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

fleshweasel posted:

why in the gently caress does a megaman game need netplay

they advertised it in the kickstarter

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Cocoa Crispies posted:

I hope I never develop the kind of personality disorder that makes a one-time-use fleshlight even under consideration

ships with a gun and a single bullet

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

simant for windows was better

agreed

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
someone get a kickstarter going to make an NTVDM for 64 bit windows, so we can get people into playign the better win 3.1 versions of old games

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

broken clock opsec posted:

Like sc2000se with scurk

windows 95 version of simcity 2000 and scurk already runs in 64 bit windows, though needs a simple patch for Windows 7 and later (due to a problem with how the file dialog box works). i can send you a link if u need it

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

considering very similar things are already sold all over the place, the timeline's probably pretty legit

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

unpacked robinhood posted:

did suspicious dish eventually make the linux computer for poors ?

looks like they shipped them last year
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1381437927/endless-computers

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Mister Sinewave posted:

Speaking of fuckups, remind me: didn't goons donate like 60k to some hot dog food cart guy's bootstrap campaign only to have him piss it entirely up the wall and waste it completely with nothing to show whatsoever?

It was actually a running business for like a year, which is pretty good considering how kickstartered restaurants usually go

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

uncurable mlady posted:

didn't some goon not buy Christmas gifts for his kids so he could give the money to doob

yes but the kids were like 30 or something

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1784334872/4-dimensional-operating-system

"Many times I have thought that to myself that computers would work better if you could just "add a two" in binary code. Because of advances in technology, it is now possible to do even more than that. My name is John Jenkins and my invention is called Busco Quadnary. This difference between my invention and traditional binary is that you can program in four dimensions right out of the box. This has tremendous implications for 3d graphics and gaming. Today, we use what are called Z-buffers to simulate 3 dimensions. With the use of 3d engines, games are able to deliver a quality approximation. What would make this simulation even better, however, would be if we could allow four dimensions to be built into the computer, at the machine language level. This is what I plan to do. "

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
offbeatr was by far the most reputable and upstanding crowdfunding site

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Jonny 290 posted:

i read and reread that social autopsy thing and all i got was a bunch of back patting on how awesome they were to be Chicks In Tech or whatever, and I have no idea what the product is or does.

pretty sure the idea is doxxing as a service

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
saw this in the free paper today

Only registered members can see post attachments!

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Jabor posted:

so just slap a tiny boost transformer in there. you're still gonna need like 4 AAs for a full charge though.

at which point you've just reinvented something you could buy at radio shack for the past 16 years

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

lancemantis posted:

how many fitness trackers do you need

look, if they just get one more, one of them might finally say they're fit

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Al! posted:

I knew fig was going to fail horribly the second I found out what the actual roi they were offering to investors was (hint, less than putting the money into a savings account)

uh, if they were really offering guaranteed high yields from a site where you're investing in video games that are very likely to not sell super good, they'd just plain be lying

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

exploding mummy posted:

some dude decided to make community interactive ms paint cyoa webcomic

it did pretty well that he did it a few times, and it eventually resulted in problem sleuth, where he kept the milieu of a cyoa, but dropped the community suggestions

problem sleuth is kinda dense and long but is p good

then he made homestuck which was in the same vein except its impenetrably dense

also homestuck took like 7 years to finish when allt he others were like 1 year tops?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

GameCube posted:

p sure the die is for scale. sorry to ruin teh jokes

why are they shipping the die to you, as stated in the kickstarter page, if the die is just meant for scale in the photo?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

MrMoo posted:

There's another keyboard kickstarter :q:

that actually makes sense, but i wonder how well itll actually work

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

jre posted:

lmao

They've cheated and started the response plot at 150Hz and its still looks loving awful

so is this a modification of that thing that was invented for trade shows so that all the booths wouldn't crowd each other with sound quite as much?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

more like a mighty number 2 :nexus:

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Gus Hobbleton posted:

does anyone have that sonic tweet about anime virgins where sonic is running away from the explosion that looks like pizza?

i thought it was supposed to be a pizza in the background until i saw the source. how do you make fire look that bad?

edit
https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/735638491636195328

pizza

yeah that's making fun of a mighty no 9 promo image that had really lovely fire. it actually is pizza in the sonic one though

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

anthonypants posted:

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/745311041987371008
no fishmech it's the thumbnail for the horrible trailer they made and the prom night thing is in reference to the video also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YngbHOz--oc

so it's a promo image, ya moron

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

duTrieux. posted:

as somebody who works in marketing that is a cover image, not a promo image. promo images are issued as a discrete element, usually within a press or media kit.

glad to hear you work for lovely video games, seems weird to brag about

GameCube posted:

i mean cmon it's sonic the hedgehog's 25th anniversary and what are they doing about it? jack poo poo. hosed up.

sonic 06 was meant to be the big thing for the 15th anniversary and we all know how that turned out. better not to risk it

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

GameCube posted:

how does it help their business if they don't make any games to sell? or is everyone who retweets teh meme rushing to the app store to download the sonic endless runner

all their re-releases sell pretty decently

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Sham bam bamina! posted:

generations was absolutely a gimmicky spinoff but i forgot about colors

if generations is gimmicky then so is sonic colors

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Jeesis posted:

Is this worth posting about? It looks like yet another single board computer with a arm chip. But this time they have a laptop. No idea why you would want a laptop with a arm chip though.

https://www.crowdsupply.com/eoma68/micro-desktop

to be honest it would be pretty nice to have a laptop shell to shove something like a Raspberry Pi or all those other boards in to make it more mobile, but this thing seems to require things mounted on a completely different sort of board.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

online friend posted:

i don't think intel onboard gfx can run anything other than like lovely indie games, unless they've gotten really loving good since HD3000 or the project assumes people will be fine with playing games at like 5FPS?

intel onboard graphics are pretty good these days tbh, but you'll notice that all those games are a) running at like 1280x720 because that's the panel and b) games notable for scaling down well with slow graphics cards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
they basically admit it

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread