Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

SteelMentor posted:

Apparently FW is working on that, booster packs for the starter sets in resin with different sculpts.

Ugh. No online discounts, and models priced at twice their value. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

berzerkmonkey posted:

No online discounts

:china:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I ordered those forgeworld referee figures even though there's nothing to use them for but sitting on the sidelines, I just love the sculpts. Got an email that they shipped today :)

JcDent posted:

I waiting for standalone human and orc teams.

That earlier page mentioned a standalone human team at least

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Yeah, I know. Just sucks, is all.

Zaphod42 posted:

I ordered those forgeworld referee figures even though there's nothing to use them for but sitting on the sidelines, I just love the sculpts. Got an email that they shipped today :)
New WD has rules for them. Not sure if it would be :filez: for me to post them though...

Prefect Six
Mar 27, 2009

Still looking to get rid of a bunch of BFG stuff. Is anyone here interested? Starter set is complete as far as I can tell, including markers although some have been punched out they should all be there.

(Below is what is in that MtG box)

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

berzerkmonkey posted:

New WD has rules for them. Not sure if it would be :filez: for me to post them though...

:allears: awesome

I'll just pick up the next WD when it hits my FLGS.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
From what I read, the rules seemed kind of odd. Not sure it's worth bothering to use the ref models as anything other than decoration.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Zaphod42 posted:

:allears: awesome

I'll just pick up the next WD when it hits my FLGS.

It's only half a page, so if that is your only justification, I'd wait until the rules hit the Internet.

Safety Factor posted:

From what I read, the rules seemed kind of odd. Not sure it's worth bothering to use the ref models as anything other than decoration.
Yeah, you could easily use any other marker. The models are nice, but completely unnecessary to use the rules.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Yeah, me neither. Use them instead of those ugly markers that come with the box.

I'm not afraid of FW pricing. I won't need a whole FW team, just some fancier models. I can take the hit if need be.

It's not like I'm collecting a 30K army or anything...

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

berzerkmonkey posted:

Yeah, you could easily use any other marker. The models are nice, but completely unnecessary to use the rules.
Oh, I was trying to say that the rules are kind of convoluted and might not be worth bothering with, leaving the ref models as pure decoration.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Can you bribe the ref in the new edition? They might make for good markers for that.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Can you bribe the ref in the new edition? They might make for good markers for that.
Yeah, you can, all the inducements are still around. That's not a bad idea.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Yeah that was my original plan, but I don't really know how you even mark that. Have them on your dugout and then move them to the field when used? Turn them sideways? Eh.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah that was my original plan, but I don't really know how you even mark that. Have them on your dugout and then move them to the field when used? Turn them sideways? Eh.

You buy bribes as inducements - put the ref on the reroll track (as well as the re roll counter) and move it down/off as bribes are used. I bought the refs because I plan on making a goblin team :D

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
I also owe BunnyX :10Bux:

MrFlibble posted:

You buy bribes as inducements - put the ref on the reroll track (as well as the re roll counter) and move it down/off as bribes are used. I bought the refs because I plan on making a goblin team :D

This is what I was taught to do when I started playing TT again a few years back. Wizards, apo's and bribes all live either in the dugouts or on the turn track. Even with that I still forget at times :(

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Well, this is some bullshit. FW has two star players - Grak and Crumbleberry - available only at Warhammer World and selected events. I hate this exclusive miniature thing GW likes doing.

Any UK goons want to get me a price on a few of these for my group?

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

berzerkmonkey posted:

Well, this is some bullshit. FW has two star players - Grak and Crumbleberry - available only at Warhammer World and selected events. I hate this exclusive miniature thing GW likes doing.

Limited to one per customer, and I'm pretty sure they've already sold out.

Loads on eBay though!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

berzerkmonkey posted:

Obligatory :china: reply.

I hate that stuff is made to be Limited editions, so it's a valid option.

E: Ebay prices for sold listings $60-$100 USD. gently caress YOU GW/FW

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

There's potentially a goonmeet at WHW in March, if you can wait til then I'll see about getting a price. PM me if you're interested.

Note that ruleswise it's pretty much an Ogre with 'Kick Team Mate' and a Halfling with Sure Hands. Kick Team Mate essentially requires a run up and then you place and scatter the kicked guy like the ball during Kick Off then roll for landing as per throw team mate. Interestingly neither guy has Loner and you get em as a pair for 210k of inducements iirc.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Zark the Damned posted:

There's potentially a goonmeet at WHW in March, if you can wait til then I'll see about getting a price. PM me if you're interested.
I'm going to Adepticon in March, so hopefully they will bring some there. I'll let you know - thanks.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

Zark the Damned posted:

Oooh, what are the details on this?

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

glitchkrieg posted:

Oooh, what are the details on this?

No specific deets yet, March was just brought up as a good rough time after the last one. Gonna try hammer out the finer points this weekend and see when people are good for.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Zark the Damned posted:

No specific deets yet, March was just brought up as a good rough time after the last one. Gonna try hammer out the finer points this weekend and see when people are good for.

I'm going to come to this one dammit!!!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Indolent Bastard posted:

gently caress YOU GW/FW

I will probably pay good money for those guys if anybody can get a spare.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
I might have gone crazy in the past few days and purchased enough chapter-specific Terminator bits to completely outfit all of the squads required for the Space Hulk extra missions.

Let's pretend that I didn't, and was just asking the following question because I was curious.

I'm looking at the base selections from the various after market suppliers, and the Dragonforge Tech Deck set looks like the only one out there that has decent texture, reminiscent of the SH tiles. Are there any other options out there? I'm not too fond of the idea of spending $1.50 - $2 per base... (As an aside, I did look at, and liked, the Sulaco bases form Fenris, but shipping to the US is over $10.)

On a related note, a 40mm standard Terminator base is a bit larger than the SH tile squares. Has anyone based their Terminators (standard 40K models, not the SH Blood Angels) on 32mm bases, and how do they look?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I will buy WHW Heresy models from goons, yes.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Would you be able to pick up one of these Alfrid's in a dress?

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

berzerkmonkey posted:

On a related note, a 40mm standard Terminator base is a bit larger than the SH tile squares. Has anyone based their Terminators (standard 40K models, not the SH Blood Angels) on 32mm bases, and how do they look?

I put my Space Hulk dudes (termies and stealers both) on 1" square bases that I (boringly) based myself, and only one of the terminators extended off the edge. I'll try to post some better photos in a bit, but you can kind of see the bases in these slightly lousy pics: https://imgur.com/a/O04vE

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

Dr. Gargunza posted:

I put my Space Hulk dudes (termies and stealers both) on 1" square bases that I (boringly) based myself, and only one of the terminators extended off the edge. I'll try to post some better photos in a bit, but you can kind of see the bases in these slightly lousy pics: https://imgur.com/a/O04vE

Similarly, I have my terminators on 30mm square bases for Advanced Space Crusade (of all things) and they fit with very little overhang. To be fair, you do get the 42mm diagonal to work with using square bases.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Giant Ethicist posted:

Similarly, I have my terminators on 30mm square bases for Advanced Space Crusade (of all things) and they fit with very little overhang. To be fair, you do get the 42mm diagonal to work with using square bases.

God I wish that these were the termies included in Space Hulk.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Adeptus Titanicus and Blood Bowl rumors via Recalcitrant Daze and the Warhammer World Open Day:

quote:

Adeptus Titanicus:

Release has been put back. Mix of reasons including GW releasing this may be a very popular choice (really? Who would have thought?). Gives them more time to work on things and allow a bigger initial release with more models etc.

So far the Warlord, Reaver and Questoris Knights have been 3D modelled for the new game. Warhound is currenty being worked on.

A game is expected to be around five titans of any class. You pick a type of Maniple, such as Scout, Assault or Battle and pick accordingly. This means you could have a game of five Warlords v five Warhounds. You then take the difference in the two sides and the weaker side then gets to spend those points on other things, I can’t remember the name now of them – Stratagems? Something like that.

About nine titans a side is about the limit you would reasonably want, unless you have the time spare.

The emphasis of the game is controlling you titans and making decisions such as power levels, ramping up your generator makes you faster, more powerful weapons and shields but has consequences. Your titan has a personality and may not like what you try and do with it. Basically as you get in the novels the Princeps has to keep control over something which may not want to relinquish control. So if you have a bloodthirsty, hunter type titan trying to back away from a fight might not be the easiest thing to do.

Terrain has been done as have Realm of Battle boards which the buildings can fit onto. These are at the factory already so should be ready to go when the game is released.

There is no great desire to redo Epic. While we may get more games at the same scale – such as a massed tank version there is no desire to see a combined titan/tank/infantry battle. Basically they don’t just want 40k at a smaller scale.

There is a chance, though it may be small, we see some of the models at the Heresy Weekender in a month’s time.

Blood Bowl

Season Two book is likely April-ish.

Plastic Ogre player will be out soon. There will also be a plastic Troll. They decided to do these in plastic as they can be taken in so many team.

Elf Union team is being worked on, Nurgle will follow after these hopefully later this year (October?). Also Goblin team in plastic, I think from memory these will come before the Elves. Goblins were a must for plastic as they can be taken on their own as well as being taken as members of other teams.

Expect at least one Star Player to follow with each team, some may get two. The Skaven star player (two heads, four arm guy) will be here soon. Season Two will have a lot of Star Players in there, some known and some who are new.

Neoprene pitches are a go. The human and Orc pitches have been done as the first ones have arrived at GW to look at and test out. Forgot to ask when these are likely to be out.
I'm glad to see that Epic is not on the reboot list.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

After some google searches for age of sigmar and mordheim, I found this youtube where a guy has made some rules, but also he mentions in the top comment that Games Workshop are working on something official? Anyone heard and details about that? I .. I might be interested in that.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

fozzy fosbourne posted:

After some google searches for age of sigmar and mordheim, I found this youtube where a guy has made some rules, but also he mentions in the top comment that Games Workshop are working on something official? Anyone heard and details about that? I .. I might be interested in that.

I'm pretty sure Mordheim hasn't been confirmed, but people are getting wishful after seeing the success of Frostgrave. I think it's Titan stuff and Blood Bowl this year, BFG and Necromunda the next. GW might be testing the "skirmish and progression" waters with the new Comorragh game that's coming out in a few months.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Commorragh is just gonna be "get into deldar cheap" rather than a real game, ai feel.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

JcDent posted:

Commorragh is just gonna be "get into deldar cheap" rather than a real game, ai feel.

So just like all of their recent "games"?

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
There's any info about the factions in the upcoming Adeptus Titanicus game? It will just be Imperium vs Chaos or we'll have the chance to see some gargants?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Probably loyalists vs. traitors.

drat, I wish GW released a boardgame or a small game that felt like a labor of love, with a large ruleset and some inspired fluff.

Maybe I should read the Burning of Prospero books that I haven't managed to hawk yet.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

JcDent posted:

drat, I wish GW released a boardgame or a small game that felt like a labor of love, with a large ruleset and some inspired fluff.

This would imply they have anyone left in the company who actually knows anything about game design. All the old names have moved on.

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

Atlas Hugged posted:

So just like all of their recent "games"?

Betrayal at Calth and Burning of Prospero were pretty fun games, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

Giant Ethicist posted:

...I'm embarrassed at how long it took me to realize these were clear acrylic bases. Nice work!

As promised (days ago, sorry), here's a crappy pic of some of my Space Hulk bases, close up.  I did these in a rather dumb effort to get the bases to fit into the embossed squares on the 2009 game board with an obvious front edge for facing purposes (and print out some homemade waterslide decals with the marines' names on the front).  The actual textured portions of the bases were originally meant to be 1" squares cut from a broken fluorescent light cover, which predictably failed, so I ended up making a greenstuff mold of that.  It doesn't match any of the hallway textures at all, and in fact makes them look like they're walking on eggshell foam or something.  I "livened" the bases up with some extra homemade bits:  greenstuff casts of mutilated genestealer heads (see lightning-claws dude on the far right), casts from the dead-marine throne, coffee stirrers from Dunkin Donuts, fluorescent paint mixed with UHU Glue, cut sections of zip ties, etc.  At the time, I thought it looked kind of neat, but familiarity and age have dulled my appreciation of it somewhat.  (Probably the only thing I did that I'm still proud of was installing magnets under the bases so that the Space Holy Grail [also magnetized] would stick to whoever was carrying it at the time.  I'm a huge dork.)

• Locked thread