Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

I loved Mordheim. I don't know if this is still true, but for a while all of the Mordheim material (rulebooks and articles from the Mordheim equivalent of Chapter Approved) were free on GW's website. edit: hey they are http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?catId=cat480008a&categoryId=6700006a&section=&aId=21500021a

Sadly, the rules are also pretty unbalanced. I'm sure someone else can provide better analysis, but it boiled down to two melee weapons being better than any other combination and armor was crap. I've heard there are fan rule adjustments that make it better.

The scenery was a lot of fun to make, and I actually put the skills to use building a foamboard insert for by BSG boardgame. I still have my copies of the rulebook and Town Crier with beautiful terrain layouts. I don't have time to play GW's main games, but if there was a community for it I'd probably get back into Mordheim.

Clanpot Shake fucked around with this message at 21:38 on May 31, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

ineptmule posted:

I think that playing Mordheim with the LOTR rules would be pretty great.
I have no experience with the LOTR rules - I was soured on it when they cut articles I enjoyed in White Dwarf to make room for the LOTR section that took up an increasing proportion of the magazine. How many editions are there? Is it any good?

I just outed my self as having subscribed to White Dwarf...

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

I found the fan re-write of the Mordheim rules called Coreheim here, but I don't have time to analyze them. Someone else want to take a crack at it?

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

I was looking around and apparently someone uploaded every document ever printed about Mordheim to Google Docs. Now you can live the dream of printing out an oversized hex-gridded map of the city and campaigning with your nerdy friends for control of it.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B18J5DU-6cP_aEg2dHIxbGpaMlk

• Locked thread