Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

It is a binary choice, though. This is Something Awful Dot Com, where console gamers are second class citizens because frame rate and pixels.

Disagree? Prepare to get shouted down, console scum.

What if you have both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Jesus Christ, you guys are touchy.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

Jesus Christ, you guys are touchy.

There's these things called jokes, you know. Pretty new, I understand if you haven't got the memo.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
Irony is not allowed in grey forums.

Especially after whatever it was that Neoseeker was on about.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Orv posted:

There's these things called jokes, you know. Pretty new, I understand if you haven't got the memo.
Some guy made a throwaway comment about choosing PC, and two people immediately pop up with sarcastic replies. Yeah, seems I'm not up to date with the jokes.

Ah well, not worth making a big deal over.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

"Wow, this AR game is great! The graphics are so lifelike!"

"Aiden this isn't an AR game! You've been killing real people!"

"I have? poo poo, that's what I get for turning off the HUD by default"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Broken Cog posted:

Some guy made a throwaway comment about choosing PC, and two people immediately pop up with sarcastic replies. Yeah, seems I'm not up to date with the jokes.

Ah well, not worth making a big deal over.

Click the little thing that shows you just that guys posts, and you'll see why.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Dvlos posted:

So glad I went pc.

But I'm bummed the app got tablets does not work on PC version.

I think the tablet thing will be available for PC too. It's just that they had to get the message across that "you can use a tablet to race against non-tablet users" and they used "console" as a shorthand for it.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also
This game seems fun, though I've admittedly not been following that close. The mechanics look cool, and the trips alternate modes sound creative as hell, I hope they come up with a bunch more.

I'm on 360, what's the consensus on buying this? Development seems to have had issues, is it a wait for patch 1.1 kind of deal?

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
I would be very surprised if the tablet companion app didn't come out for the PC, since the companion app for AC4 did.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I'm so torn on if Watch_ Dogs could be as fun as it looks or not.

I guess it'll depend on how nonlinear missions actually are compared to say, GTA.

I only see terrible things with the hacker chick though.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 00:24 on May 14, 2014

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

"I came here to argue with you about a freaking television show!"

Cantorsdust posted:

I would be very surprised if the tablet companion app didn't come out for the PC, since the companion app for AC4 did.

I would think so - but since this trailer kept saying "for the console" (which is not mentioned specifically anywhere else I found it odd.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

After watching this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2axhzt7EXI

I went looking for what the gently caress my gold edition had again and found this handy chart on Forbes.com. Maybe good for the OP?

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
That image belongs in a future museum to mark the tipping point of gamers revolting against the system of terrible pre-orders and bonus content pack innn... I don't see the gold edition listed on Greenman Gaming, drat it. I was going to order that, guess I'll just stick with the special edition.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

AxeManiac posted:

That image belongs in a future museum to mark the tipping point of gamers revolting against the system of terrible pre-orders and bonus content pack innn... I don't see the gold edition listed on Greenman Gaming, drat it. I was going to order that, guess I'll just stick with the special edition.

Most of those are Europe because they have like 13 failing game retailers who all still need their own special edition.

In North America there's only 3 kinds: Regular, Limited, and Gold. Gold is simply the regular plus the Season Pass on the PSN, without a discount.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

AxeManiac posted:

I think it's PSN only.

Aphrodite posted:

In North America there's only 3 kinds: Regular, Limited, and Gold. Gold is simply the regular plus the Season Pass on the PSN, without a discount.

Game is $70 in Canada, Gold edition is $80, DLC is $20... that's 50% off DLC, no?

Gold edition is $90 in Canada, my bad.

I spent $90 on a new franchise. Go me.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 02:45 on May 14, 2014

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
All these editions of the game confuse the hell out of me.

In terms of how much content is available to me at launch, is there any difference between the PSN Gold edition download and buying a PS4 disc plus the season pass?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

venutolo posted:

All these editions of the game confuse the hell out of me.

In terms of how much content is available to me at launch, is there any difference between the PSN Gold edition download and buying a PS4 disc plus the season pass?

No.

Kresher
Sep 11, 2001
Permanent Patient
Fortunately for me, I get to buy Watch Dogs for $14 due to PC Rooms selling the Nvidia coupons at that price.

I just gotta buy a season pass to grab all the DLCs. :)

WindmillSlayer
Oct 16, 2013

I got the pc deluxe edition and the season pass, am I getting everything? :ohdear:

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

The DedSec Edition does not contain the DedSec pack. Good Job Ubisoft.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Which one of these things allow me to roleplay as Darkman? I am in Europe if that matters.

Also loving iconic trucker hat are you loving making GBS threads me no I don't want that

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

And you just know that 1 hour after release someone will make a crack to give you every special super edition unlock.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Mordaedil posted:

Which one of these things allow me to roleplay as Darkman? I am in Europe if that matters.

You'll want to order from uPlay.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

SplitSoul posted:

You'll want to order from uPlay.

That'd mean no Steam integration I take it.

EDIT: vvvv Sensible, at least if it is goes as far down as I'd consider affordable.

Mordaedil fucked around with this message at 10:07 on May 14, 2014

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Mordaedil posted:

That'd mean no Steam integration I take it.

It'll be uPlay no matter what, alas. Personally, I'd grab it as cheap as possible (For the version you want) and enjoy it and then grab it on Steam when it's super-duper-cheap-a-year-from-now.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

If it's anything like the Pre order bonuses for AC4 what you get in game quickly replaces any "exclusive" digital items anyway.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Sandweed posted:

If it's anything like the Pre order bonuses for AC4 what you get in game quickly replaces any "exclusive" digital items anyway.

I got the season pass because T-Bone is the man and he doesn't listen when people tell him to get a haircut. This is also why he is the man.

Yeah, digital retailer exclusives aren't really required. Eventually you remove them because you never choose anything but and the regular early equips never see any use.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WindmillSlayer posted:

I got the pc deluxe edition and the season pass, am I getting everything? :ohdear:

Yes, but not at launch I believe.

Ubisoft has always given the preorder DLC away with the Season Pass, but not immediately. Not too long after though, maybe 2-3 weeks.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Kresher posted:

Fortunately for me, I get to buy Watch Dogs for $14 due to PC Rooms selling the Nvidia coupons at that price.

I just gotta buy a season pass to grab all the DLCs. :)

I'm getting the PS4 version (had it pre-ordered for almost a year now), but if there's a significant difference between it and PC, something like this is my plan.

Kresher
Sep 11, 2001
Permanent Patient

Athenry posted:

I'm getting the PS4 version (had it pre-ordered for almost a year now), but if there's a significant difference between it and PC, something like this is my plan.

Awww yiiiss!
Got Watch Dogs for $14, and bought the Season Pass for $15.90 with 20% off at GMG.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
A special coupon? Those skins with the season pass include the Darkman outfit, huh?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Kresher posted:

Got Watch Dogs for $14, and bought the Season Pass for $15.90 with 20% off at GMG.

Where/how'd you swing the game for $14?

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Aphrodite posted:

Click the little thing that shows you just that guys posts, and you'll see why.

Why does this completely normal thread spawn so many awful posters? Is every current gen thread going to be like this?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Heh, for the poker minigame you can cheat with security cameras. Lovely.

Kresher
Sep 11, 2001
Permanent Patient

Capn Beeb posted:

Where/how'd you swing the game for $14?

I live in Korea, and the PC Room (net cafe) owners just have recently upgraded all of their computers to GTX 660s and those came with the Watch Dogs coupons.

Since there are literally thousands of coupons out, the PC room owners are selling them for anywhere between 15,000~20,000KRW each.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hook me up bruh

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Ahh cool, was wondering if you got a Steam compatible code for that low :)

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Kresher posted:

I live in Korea, and the PC Room (net cafe) owners just have recently upgraded all of their computers to GTX 660s and those came with the Watch Dogs coupons.

Since there are literally thousands of coupons out, the PC room owners are selling them for anywhere between 15,000~20,000KRW each.

Oh man if they are not region locked you can buy a bunch of keys at $14 and easily sell some on SA MART for $20 to $25 each.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kresher
Sep 11, 2001
Permanent Patient

Capn Beeb posted:

Ahh cool, was wondering if you got a Steam compatible code for that low :)

Nah, the Nvidia codes are all Uplay only.

BexGu posted:

Oh man if they are not region locked you can buy a bunch of keys at $14 and easily sell some on SA MART for $20 to $25 each.

That means :effort: and messing with Paypal :bang:

• Locked thread