Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Crappy Jack posted:

Avoiding enemies works basically the same as non-lethal, yeah, but lethal doesn't get nearly as much XP, so you end up limiting yourself that way.

The idea is, if you're going non-lethal, you'll need more tricks to get around people, ie, experience. If you're going lethal, you'll need more bang to get through people, ie guns, ammo and money. There's not too many augs that directly augment gunplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Sedisp posted:

Can't say I would have read any of the rest of those had they been books. And Deadly Premonition I haven't played.

:psyduck:

I wouldn't watch To Kill A Mockingbird if it was an interperative dance. It's silly to take away a medium's main strength and expect it to compare favorably to a different kinda of media.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I really hope that it ends up not being GTA/SR levels of combat heavy, but that's not looking likely now. :(

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Charles Martel posted:

I'm leaning toward making this my next purchase after TitanFall after doing some research on it, mainly because I have a $20 Best Buy certificate to use by May, the final release date is good timing, and there's nothing else I really want in the near future (I'm sure the XBO versions of NFS: Rivals and Tomb Raider will go on sale sooner rather than later). The gameplay I've seen so far does make it look like how much Ubisoft wants its own version of GTA though, and the fact that it's going to have six different versions is a bit of a turn-off too. How does the Special Edition of the game NOT have a map of Chicago, but the Standard version does? What?

I just hope the pre-order content gets patched in later or is available for download later on like it's been done for a few games.

I'm pretty interested in this too but it's probably smarter to just wait until it comes out and see if it's dissapointing and horrible.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I kinda wonder how much non lethal, open world, multipule routes and hacking not just being contextual setpieces will actually make it through to the finished product.

TheSpiritFox posted:

Prototype 1 was an amazing Carnage simulator and I will hear no slights against it :colbert:

Basically this.

Prototype 2's fun too.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
So is WD looking like it'll be good or not as we near release?

I've been burned too many times to get it at launch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I'm so torn on if Watch_ Dogs could be as fun as it looks or not.

I guess it'll depend on how nonlinear missions actually are compared to say, GTA.

I only see terrible things with the hacker chick though.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 00:24 on May 14, 2014

• Locked thread