Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Low Carb Bread
Sep 6, 2007

Initio posted:

How much liability (auto) insurance should someone buy? I get that it's important and can be supplemented with an umbrella policy, but most web sites I've seen don't give a number or a method to calculate what you need, but instead say something like 'Buy a lot! If you don't have enough you'll get sued for all of your assets'.

Get a quote for a few different limits. You will likely find that there is not a huge difference between really low limits (like 15/30), more reasonable limits (50/100) and higher ones (100/300, 250/500). I go for 250/500 myself because I work in the medical field, and in this day and age settlements for even relatively minor problems frequently exceed $30,000 and often $100,000 x multiple people. Many people out there are trying to cash in on their pre-existing chronic injuries/pain. I think 250/500 will cover most people in most situations but it could depend on where you live and how much these things cost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU