Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kevin stoley
Jun 16, 2009
Homeowner's insurance question. I am buying a house in Alpharetta, Georgia, and everything seemed fine until I went to purchase my homeowner's insurance. My renter's insurance has two claims filed against me, one of which I was not notified about until I went to verify all of my information for the purchase of the homeowner's policy. These quotes are for water damage, which was caused by the apartment's pipes bursting. The second claim was an attempt by the apartment management to file the same exact claim again and hope that it was paid out. Neither policy was paid out, because it was not our fault, and we were not deemed liable. Now however, these are still counted as two claims, and even though they are not paid out, they reflect negatively on my history, and none of the places that I have contacted thus far have been willing to write a policy for me. (Geico, Progressive, Farmers, State Farm, still waiting to hear back from Nationwide, but I have a feeling I know the answer). Are there any companies out there that will pick up these policies? I understand that it would probably be more expensive than a typical policy. Also, if it wasn't filed by me, I was determined to not be at fault, and no money was paid out, why does this still count against me when it comes time for me to pick up a new policy?

I have been in contact with progressive and they are supposed to talk to a representative and have them call me about making these claims go away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kevin stoley
Jun 16, 2009
Just these two claims. (These are the same claim, word for word, filed twice by the apartment complex, I'm assuming they tried to file again and hope that they would get paid the second time around)

No I'm not renting in the same place that I'm buying. These claims are actually from a previous residence. The problem is that they are so close together, or so I'm told. Because they happened within two years. I am currently in the process of trying to get the claims expunged from the record. I was not working with an agent, but I am now. She's looking into a program called Georgia Fairplan. Kind of a last resort, more expensive but they won't turn anyone away. My credit is fine, in the 750's.