Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
TLDR:Would claim under renter insurance affect my home premium in the future?

Actual: We have bought a home and finishing up remodel before moving end of month. Meantime we rent and have tenant insurance. Both policies are under same company. Couple weeks back my kiddo tossed a hot wheels car at our tv and cracked the screen. It was nice OLED and not really in a budget for replacing right now. I asked support chat for renters policy and they said to open a claim “just in case” and that adjuster will advise if the claim is valid.
In the meantime I got to think if this claim will affect my home policy come renewal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
I’m still playing phone tag with adjuster, so not sure how they pay. My deductible in Canadian bucks is 1000, the tv hasn’t changed much in price point at about 2300-2500 for old and equivalent new.