Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Folks.

I have two older adults in my life. Due to their poor life choices, they have little savings and retirement is upon them. I can foresee in a decade or two, my forties or fifties, to have to spend aboot 10 years providing long term care funds to facilitate home/live in care/rent.

Is life insurance right for me?

I'm getting 10-20 term life plans paying out a 1M for 45-55 a month. I don't see the benefit of saving an extra 250 a year vs providing more for the two of them (they are separated) on death so I'm going to go largest plan.

I don't know what they'd do on their own without me, I have one sibling but I don't think he'll be in a position to help them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU