Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lacertine
May 3, 2013
  • I'm a healthy 26 year old male with no preexisting conditions, and take no medications.
  • I'm Self-employed.
  • I'm Cheap.

What is the best way to get low premium / high-deductible health insurance? What specific agencies or companies should I look into?
I never ever go to the doctors (I'd rather be a guy about it and suffer), and the only reason I *need* healthcare is in case my appendix blows up or I get into an accident...and my fiance is on my case about it.

Once we get married I suppose I'll be able to get on her insurance, so this coverage only needs to get me through the next year.

Also, since I'm self-employed how do I go about getting life insurance and disability insurance? Are health/life/disability insurance tax deductible for me since I'm self-employed?

I don't want to just randomly call an insurance agent because I know I'll get roped into the first company I call.

Thanks in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU