Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
My wife swapped paint with a parked car in the parking lot at work yesterday. The person she hit took their car in already, the 'rough' estimate is $800, our honda will probably be similar. She's been on my policy since december/january. I haven't had a claim other than a mystery cracked windshield on the same car a couple months ago since 2009 when I switched from my parents' policy with State Farm in another state. We're with State Farm here and have 3 (about to be 2 hopefully) vehicles, renters, and an articles policy on a laptop with them. Are my rates going to shoot up because of this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
Talked to my state farm lady about adding homeowners to my policy. It's a 3 bedroom ~2100sqft with a pool in Mississippi. Do these prices look right and is this a sufficient amount of coverage? My boss has been hyping up his umbrella policy... is adding umbrella a good idea?

replacement cost $216,000
insured 100% - annual premium $1,331
w/ swimming pool
personal liability to 500,000
5,000 /person medical payments
162,000 personal property coverage

umbrella:
+200/yr 1 million coverage on top of homeowners and auto insurance

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
It does drop my auto rate. They didn't tell me how much but I'm also swapping out full and liability only on the 2 old cars so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Thanks for the advice.