Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

I'm going to have a baby in mid November. The baby is going to go on my husband's insurance rather than mine since its better/cheaper for us. He talked to his HR and they said he has 30 days to put the baby on it before he has to wait until the add/drop period.

I'm still really confused how its all going to work. What if the baby needs medical stuff right away? You're suppose to take the baby in for a visit with the pediatrician when its a couple days old. Insurance can't possibly be ready and set up by then can it? I don't want to have to deal with trying to get the baby on insurance right after giving birth. What is the process? Can we pre register the baby?

Edit: I'm in NC if it matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

I'll call my insurance and see about that. I hate dealing with my insurance company though. They've given me so many issues. I'll have my husband get the info from his company.

Do you know anything about the new women's coverage that went through in august? My insurance rolls over November 1st and I'd really like to take advantage of the breast pump program. I asked at my birthing class and the woman had no idea what I was talking about.
Its the stuff outlined here

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

I live in NC and I'm having an issue with our home owners insurance.

We've had them for 5 years now and we've never been late and never had to use them. We actually just got an email the other week saying our rate was going to go down. They're now telling us if we don't also get their auto policy they're going to raise our rates and change our deducible from $1000 to $2500. I'm not sure how much its going to increase but we're only paying $600 a year now. This seems very extortiony to me. Is this legal? We're happy with our $85 a month geico car insurance for 2 cars (one of them new) and I doubt they could beat that.