Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

I'm moving over 1000 miles and leaving in the next few days. We're bringing a bunch of stuff in the car and shipping the rest less-than-truckload that we packed and loaded ourselves. A gecko on the phone told me a couple of months ago that I could add a personal effects rider to my renter's insurance to cover what's on the truck, but neither Auto nor Renter's offers such a rider. This has left me in a position where I have 11 feet of a semi-trailer packed behind a bulkhead and nothing past the company's 10 cents per piece, per pound liability (not insurance) covered and already loaded and taken.

I'm driving from CT to AL with the stuff in the car, the trailer has already been picked up and taken away. I have a few irreplaceable things like boxes of family photos and high-value art including 3 Dali first-run woodblock prints on the truck as well as some other fairly expensive stuff that I don't have itemized or appraised. Is there any kind of insurance that I can get at this point that will cover what's on the truck and not cost an arm and a leg, or is it all hopes and prayers from here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU