Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tewdrig
Dec 6, 2005

It's good to be the king.
Is there any reason to go with any particular life insurance company? I use Amica for auto/home and am happy with them. I received a life insurance quote from them recently, since I decided it's worth looking in to. The quote I received is a bit more than what it looks like I could get from aggregation websites like Zander. Going through the state department of insurance though, it looks like those companies also have more complaints per policy dollar, though the number of complaints is very low regardless.

I'm wondering though, is life insurance a commodity where you find a creditworthy insurer with the lowest price, or are there other fees/perks/problems that make people pick any particular company over another?

edit: I think part of the difference in price is COLA included in the policy. Does this increase the premium accordingly? It seems as I age, my needs decrease, and I wouldn't need a COLA. They also advertise "no fees," but I don't know what fees I might be seeing elsewhere and their significance. Finally, they offer the ability to convert to whole life, but I don't see that I need that unless I have a special needs child to provide for. There are situations where whole life is nice, and I guess it's good that it's an option, but probably not worth paying much extra for.

Tewdrig fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Apr 23, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU