Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

two shots of happy, one shot of sad

Soiled Meat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Michigan 2020-3 by Will King, on Flickr

Michigan 2020-4 by Will King, on Flickr

Michigan 2020-6 by Will King, on Flickr

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Michigan 2020-8 by Will King, on Flickr

Michigan 2020-10 by Will King, on Flickr

Michigan 2020-12 by Will King, on Flickr

matti
Mar 31, 2019

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

Soiled Meat

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Charleston Harbor Resort & Marina-2 by Will King, on Flickr

Charleston Harbor Resort & Marina-9 by Will King, on Flickr

Charleston Harbor Resort & Marina-14 by Will King, on Flickr

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Downtown Charleston-238 by Will King, on Flickr

Downtown Charleston-239 by Will King, on Flickr

Downtown Charleston-242 by Will King, on Flickr

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Downtown Charleston-244 by Will King, on Flickr

Downtown Charleston-246 by Will King, on Flickr

Downtown Charleston-251 by Will King, on Flickr

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Went for a short night walk around the neighbourhood and deliberately left the tripod at home, so as to get used to shooting at higher ISO and dealing with noise. Lightroom's noise reduction is incredible, but some of these are still way noisier than I'd like. After that it was just some playing around with desaturation.

Also can I mention how much I loving hate Instagram? No matter what you do it crops images, and as someone who (most of the time, not tonight clearly) prides myself on meticulous framing, it drives me crazy. Don't even think of uploading multiple images to a post, because if you've got some in portrait format guess what? It's cropping them like they're landscape. loving muppets.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Mister Speaker posted:

Went for a short night walk around the neighbourhood and deliberately left the tripod at home, so as to get used to shooting at higher ISO and dealing with noise. Lightroom's noise reduction is incredible, but some of these are still way noisier than I'd like. After that it was just some playing around with desaturation.

Also can I mention how much I loving hate Instagram? No matter what you do it crops images, and as someone who (most of the time, not tonight clearly) prides myself on meticulous framing, it drives me crazy. Don't even think of uploading multiple images to a post, because if you've got some in portrait format guess what? It's cropping them like they're landscape. loving muppets.

ig is complete trash

multiple images can be either landscapes or portraits, but not combined, because it crops them for you.

portrait crops are 4x5 tallest, but anything lower than that works - you can post a panorama even (it will look like poo poo).

The only thing you can do (i'm sure there's an app to automate it, probably LR even) is post images with borders so that the final image to upload is 1x1

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

ig is the trash humans deserve because every attempt to replace it with something better has fallen flat on its face

The only real alternative is post on youtube. But this requires you to be a vlogger and will probably turn you into a square space shill or a gear reviewer.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

best place was flickr tbh rip fickr

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

but i think that vsco is an ok platform to replace ig - full res images, simple profile page
but, and this is big, their app is trash to navigate and no one is on the platform.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
Hasn’t stopped any of us from posting here.

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

Soiled Meat

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Downtown Charleston-252 by Will King, on Flickr

Downtown Charlesotn-256 by Will King, on Flickr

Downtown Charlesotn-258 by Will King, on Flickr

Doggles fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jan 26, 2021

matti
Mar 31, 2019

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Pitt Street Bridge-32 by Will King, on Flickr

North Carolina Waterfalls-2 by Will King, on Flickr

Grandfather Mountain Panorama by Will King, on Flickr

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Hello low effort thread regulars, how do we feel about the critique prohibited rule? Do you like having a safe space where people don't comment on your photos or would this be better as a low effort channel with some discussion?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Some discussion is cool, not being able to call out a photo as neat when I see it is a buzzkill. A few times I've almost gone gently caress THE RULES and commented in here.

But maybe not full on critique, leave that for the completely dead photo a day thread.

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014
I agree. Maybe I'm projecting but I think a bunch of photos are neat and I think people should be allowed to know.

I like the Charleston ones as a series, for example. :toot:

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

xzzy posted:

Some discussion is cool, not being able to call out a photo as neat when I see it is a buzzkill.
A pretty rare phenomenon in this thread :colbert:

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Digging the shooting out of cars aesthetic

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Maybe call out a specific one per post that stands out as having a pass.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Ric posted:

A pretty rare phenomenon in this thread :colbert:

Well the thread is 8 years old now so at least something has to not suck in that interval.

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

Soiled Meat

I'll have to go out and look at this again but I think moving to the right would have involved going into a creek, or I was just too cold to pay closer attention.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Low Effort is now a CHILL ZONE. Please talk about your photos, or others, if you would like. If you specifically want critique PAD is still the place to go, and the PAD rules still apply.

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

Megabound posted:

Low Effort is now a CHILL ZONE. Please talk about your photos, or others, if you would like. If you specifically want critique PAD is still the place to go, and the PAD rules still apply.

some chill photos for the chill zone

Wildo
Aug 20, 2005
Phallus Phalli
effort is low.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

Soiled Meat

eggsovereasy posted:

some chill photos for the chill zone

Very chill, slightly intense.

Trying to find the balance between seeing the ice on the mirror vs. including the scene beyond it.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
When it's summer will I be allowed to post pics :(

It won't be so chill then

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

im in the chill zone

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

this dude is chill

Twenties Superstar
Oct 24, 2005

sugoi
love 2 post

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Chill friends

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

Soiled Meat

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

some pics from a series i started putting together, its possible i've posted some of them before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

real nap poo poo posted:

some pics from a series i started putting together, its possible i've posted some of them before

I like this one the most, just the tip of the car going towards the do not enter.