Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Finally got started on a huge backlog of negatives!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Just moved to Stockholm, haven't had much time to go out with the camera yet, but this light did catch my eyes. (I also don't have my usual editing setup so it isn't processed quite as I want to.)

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

View while waiting for the train (6 minutes late).

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

e: :suicide:

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Just realised that I actually have the equipment to do almost-decent DSLR scans of my gigantic stack of negatives now. I don't have anything to keep the camera or negative in fixed positions yet, so I've had to hand-hold both parts so far.

The two best results from the test run:

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Finally, got a remotely serious DSLR negative scanning rig set up. (Tip: Get a thin CCFL or LED light table for background light.)
So a few random shots from a zoo trip this summer.

Oh god the sharpness! :fap:

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Goat saw your photos.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

It was foggy and getting dark, so I just bumped up the ISO.

Also experimented with an off-camera flash.

I should have brought some modifiers for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

HookShot posted:

I really, really need to know the story behind that sign.

I believe those escalators lead to the underground railroad platform with overhead electrification.