Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Low Effort Terrible Photograph Dump

Hello. This is not Snapshot a Day as you remember it. This is something entirely new. Maybe it will be cool. Maybe it will be the worst thing ever. We'll find out.

Luckily, this thread has very simple and easy to follow rules! Not nearly as complex as Photo a Day.

Rules
- Either giving or soliciting critique of ANY KIND is ABSOLUTELY PROHIBITED
- Yep, you can't even tell someone a photo was good. You can't ask if your own photos are good. If you do, people can't reply.
- Basically if you press the quote button, you're probably breaking a rule. If you type text other than the standard flickr linkback or a basic description of your photos, you're probably breaking a rule.
- Let's keep it to five photos a day per person. 1024 pixels long-side. 1280 pixels if you're using the timg tag, but really I'd rather you just stick to 1024 long-side even if you're putting them in a timg tag. It sucks to click a photo and be looking at a 1:1 crop from a 26 megapixel sensor.

These Things Are Fine:
- "Here's some shots I took on my trip to the bad post factory"
- "These are my first attempts at star trails"

These Things Are Not Fine:
- "Anyone else like these?"
- "I like this picture"
- "I don't like this picture"
- Critique of any kind.
- Emptyquoting an image in a sort of sideways attempt to say you like it

Cross-Quoting to PaD
Yes, this is allowed. Please indicate when posting in PaD that you quoted it from this thread (and oh lawd please don't call it Snapshot a Day), and please bear in mind that if you're posting it in PaD, the critique needs to follow PaD guidelines. If anyone sees their photo cross-posted and doesn't want it in PaD, either report the post or shoot me a PM and I'll edit out the image and any quotes of it.

So yes, it is a photo dump, and nothing more. If you'd like critique, you all know where to go. I'll re-iterate this so nobody can say they didn't see it.

CRITIQUE OF ANY KIND IS ABSOLUTELY PROHIBITED IN THIS THREAD (happy/sad/good/bad emotes count as critique)

Edit: Since this is a sort of "trial" thread, if it's not going well or it ends up being a trainwreck or something I'll just gas it, so while I have the highest hopes for the thread, don't get attached.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Mar 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

This is a bad picture I took of the local mill. I don't even know how I got a light leak on what I'm pretty sure was a digital camera.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Some rules just got made/changed regarding cross-quoting photos from here to Photo a Day if you want to give PAD-level critique for them (short answer: yes), so pop on over to the rules thread and check out the last page to get up to speed.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

torgeaux posted:

I PADDED you.

FYI to everyone else this is acceptable and not considered critique and is also a good thing to do.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Hot drat this thread ended up being awesome. Nonstop photos, very little chat, Photo a Day seeing a reasonable number of posts. And yeah on that note, if you want to ask someone something, PM/AIM them if at all possible, but if they or you don't have PM, you can post in the thread. Chat is sort of 'discouraged' more than 'prohibited'.

As usual any ideas for improvement should be posted in the rules thread. Thanks for making this thread awesome.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

aliencowboy posted:

sorry for making posts

This guy right here's got the right attitude :v:

(I'm not gonna start probating people for a brief picture-related gearchat but let's minimize it as much as possible.)

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

:catstare:

No, you can't do emote critiques either :v:

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

I know timg is cool and all to avoid having to resize your stuff, but could we please keep it to like, non-laffo-huge sizes anyways? Nobody wants to click on a timg that's 4000 pixels wide. So let's say, even in a timg, 1280 max long-side. I'm sure that won't break tables too hard on most people's screens.

Yes this is a rule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Jesus Christ posted:

Just did this one up and want some critique but don't want to risk another probation or ban so I'm just posting here. If you like it or hate it PM me, I will will not let SoundMonkey know, I just don't want to have to post in that other loving thread because gently caress that. Why is there not a thread where anybody can post anything without either risk of probation or lack of criticism? That's loving stupid, sorry dude.

You sound very mad at the internet. Please seek help. Or don't post here anymore, either way is good.