Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Lol. It's 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
Considering their approach to revealing actual CO-OP, A MAJOR MAJOR FEATURE, was posting it as a reply to a seemingly unrelated thread, a woman character might be in the works.

Pretty much every male cosmetic is Wei Shen's stuff right now anyway, so they might want to have some stuff to empty wallets instead of rushing out a barebones one outfit one face woman, but who loving knows.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
I'm not sure how I feel about it - I'd like to customize my controls otherwise the core combat gameplay is the same and I like that - raiding other turfs at the moment is a bit repetitive and non challenging - I'm not a farmville kind of guy but I've fully built the counterfeit production tree, but I notice most folks seem to go for the early cash generating rackets and then the night market & apothecary - presumably buying the inputs for the night market is less effort than making them.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

ZombyDog posted:

I'm not sure how I feel about it - I'd like to customize my controls otherwise the core combat gameplay is the same and I like that - raiding other turfs at the moment is a bit repetitive and non challenging - I'm not a farmville kind of guy but I've fully built the counterfeit production tree, but I notice most folks seem to go for the early cash generating rackets and then the night market & apothecary - presumably buying the inputs for the night market is less effort than making them.

This is stupid and way less effective than just producing the goods you also sell. The people who just load up on 7 rackets taht directly produce money end up producing poo poo compared to people who host entire production chains.

I've been in the top 5 at some point in every phase of the beta. All massing the 7 baby rackets that produce money directly does is make it take longer to chew through your base.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
We have 10,000 Triad Wars closed beta keys to give away
I also got a regular Closed Beta invite so they're stepping up a gear.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I signed up for that and got a beta key, but then I also got Dark Souls 2 so now I feel like I don't need the Triad Wars key anymore. PM me if you want it.

e: Already taken.

Megabound fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Apr 2, 2015

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Just posted 5 beta keys in PGS

Everybody already in the beta should be getting 5 as well. It's pretty bare still, if you really like Sleeping Dogs combat it's fun but there's not that much to do.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

You can't play as a drat woman!!!!! Christ!!!!!!

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

K8.0 posted:

Just posted 5 beta keys in PGS

Everybody already in the beta should be getting 5 as well. It's pretty bare still, if you really like Sleeping Dogs combat it's fun but there's not that much to do.

Me too.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I'm interested to see how deep they'll make it and hope they don't just keep it at Facebook management game but with actual gameplay segments like it is now.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/31sj0a/hi_reddit_we_are_united_front_games_developers_of/

Reddit AMA is up, I already see people asking about expected ETA for multiplayer and female characters which is good, because those are pretty loving big things the game needs.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

lovely Wizard posted:

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/31sj0a/hi_reddit_we_are_united_front_games_developers_of/

Reddit AMA is up, I already see people asking about expected ETA for multiplayer and female characters which is good, because those are pretty loving big things the game needs.

i want to play as dragon lady who fights with mysterious wisdom of the orient

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I have 5 Triad Wars beta keys. PM me or shoot me a Steam message.
Streaming some now on my lovely Aus net if it's watchable. Scratch that internet doesn't want to play ball.

Croccers fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Apr 12, 2015

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
Man I really want to walk around Hong Kong with a GoPro and see how similar the landscape would be with Triad Wars.

I hope there's BABY FORMULA smuggling, doing sketchy real estate deals, destroying farms to evict old villagers, busting protesters for democracy, working with cops, mini bus rackets, fruit market rackets, valet parking racket, and people smuggling for prostitution rings

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
There isn't.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Bloodnose posted:

There isn't.

Well they said they have 40 + rackets planned, so at the very least, we're likely to get some cool poo poo like fireworks. The fact that Nosgoth still exists means Square-Enix is willing to give these F2P games they're publishing some time to expand, so who knows.

Also they added some cosmetics in the new patch :

That's a full body gif by the way, the character doesn't move except for their mouth in that one pose.

Biblical Fucking
Nov 21, 2013

Ask me about where to find fucking in the Bible!
I've just finished this and holy poo poo what a good game it is, by far my favourite GTA alike. I loved the little extra things like the woman and her daughter that argue outside Wei's first apartment. I'm actually quite sad that I've finished it now which is unusual for me, most games I've played of this type tend to drag on for too long. I had to take a break from GTA IV for a while before I was in the mood to go back and finish it but I've played all the way through this one in under a week.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I realize this is thread necromancy but I googled a few different ways and couldn't find anything. I want to replay the game and, obviously, unlock poo poo as soon as possible, but I never liked how that forced you to wear certain outfits. Is there any way to artificially set your triad/police % up so you can just wear what you want?

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Eifert Posting posted:

I realize this is thread necromancy but I googled a few different ways and couldn't find anything. I want to replay the game and, obviously, unlock poo poo as soon as possible, but I never liked how that forced you to wear certain outfits. Is there any way to artificially set your triad/police % up so you can just wear what you want?

There was actually some DLC that did exactly that, which most people avoided so as not to level too soon.

The best replay is to play Year of the Snake, because that unlocks a beat cop uniform, then wear that when you start up a new game as an undercover officer. It's hilarious in every cutscene.

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?
There's also some DLC missions that make grinding faction XP really easy and fairly entertaining. If you'd prefer that route.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

Parkingtigers posted:

There was actually some DLC that did exactly that, which most people avoided so as not to level too soon.

The best replay is to play Year of the Snake, because that unlocks a beat cop uniform, then wear that when you start up a new game as an undercover officer. It's hilarious in every cutscene.

Yo, come hang out with us in Hong Kong

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

This game really needs a sequel. Maybe not with the same characters, or the same setting, but drat do I want another run through.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This game makes me miss Asia in the worst way. I only got to spend six days in Hong Kong, but I visited a lot of the mega-cities and lived near Seoul. I don't know exactly how to put it but this game really nailed the atmosphere of a major Asian city. I'd love to see another game in Hong Kong or a similar city by the same dev team. Take my money.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I find it inexplicable that Real FM didn't have a single Wu-Tang track. I mean, c'mon.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Jack of Hearts posted:

I find it inexplicable that Real FM didn't have a single Wu-Tang track. I mean, c'mon.

Not a single Wu track in this whole game is almost criminal.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Eifert Posting posted:

This game makes me miss Asia in the worst way. I only got to spend six days in Hong Kong, but I visited a lot of the mega-cities and lived near Seoul. I don't know exactly how to put it but this game really nailed the atmosphere of a major Asian city. I'd love to see another game in Hong Kong or a similar city by the same dev team. Take my money.

I get the same feeling of heartsickness when I play it too, which is really a compliment to how well the devs nailed the feel.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just beat the game again and, reiterating from last time, Shen and Jackie Splitting up so Jackie can "take a walk" through the streets of Hong Kong by himself right after they shout in public about how he's about to testify against the most violent mob boss in the city in the morning may be the single dumbest thing anyone has ever done in fiction. Such an idiotic plot device. Wei might as well have just snapped Jackie's neck himself and saved him the suffering.

I have to say, my least favorite part of the entire game is that stupid puffy vest you have to wear to everything because Triad EXP is impossible. Couldn't they have had one other piece of clothing that doesn't look ridiculous?

Dodecalypse
Jun 21, 2012

SKA SUCKS

Eifert Posting posted:

Just beat the game again and, reiterating from last time, Shen and Jackie Splitting up so Jackie can "take a walk" through the streets of Hong Kong by himself right after they shout in public about how he's about to testify against the most violent mob boss in the city in the morning may be the single dumbest thing anyone has ever done in fiction. Such an idiotic plot device. Wei might as well have just snapped Jackie's neck himself and saved him the suffering.

I have to say, my least favorite part of the entire game is that stupid puffy vest you have to wear to everything because Triad EXP is impossible. Couldn't they have had one other piece of clothing that doesn't look ridiculous?

...Stupid???? Puffy Vest? excuse me??

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Eifert Posting posted:

Wearing the SWAT uniform to everything is the only correct choice.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

Here, here. I would not mind seeing The Raid adapted with love.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Weissritter posted:

Wearing the SWAT uniform to everything is the only correct choice.

I am a strong proponent of running around in your boxers.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Lord Lambeth posted:

I am a strong proponent of running around in your boxers.

Did you know you can also do this in Sleeping Dogs? ;) :monocle:

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
*turns up to the restaurant in the pig head*
Conroy: Do I smell pork around here?

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Well, it took me three years and as many playthroughs, but I finally reached Triad level 10. Probably only managed it because Definitive Edition includes Death by a Thousand Cuts and that other DLC mission where you beat up a bunch of monks, but hey. At least I didn't have to wear the puffy vest.

Also. this happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_toPB0N49FY

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Aug 15, 2015

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
Triad Wars turned on Nightmare in North Point halloween mode a few weeks ago, and for the last week they made it so you can get the Smiley Cat by doing a special Smiley Cat raid. It's the same as a normal raid (with a bunch of special Smiley Cat props), but the enforcer room is filled with jiang shi's and the other thing, with Smiley Cat as the enforcer

Also the Smiley Cat mask sets you on fire.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

That owns. Also they said they'd have more news about playing a female character soon

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

nice, I badgered them about that like a year and a half ago during the alpha and they wouldn't give me an answer

Maybe I'll reinstall haha

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Well, looks like Triad Wars is now RIP.

https://forums.triadwars.com/discussion/7035/closure-of-the-triad-wars-beta posted:

Since the start of the Triad Wars Closed Beta this year, diligent Enforcers have run rampant through the streets of Hong Kong, killing rivals and building Empires. During this time we have gathered immense amounts of feedback, information, and data on the game. We’ve loved seeing how you’ve played Triad Wars but we know it wasn’t right for many of you so we’re letting you know today that we are going to close the beta and service on January 20th 2016 at 12 p.m. Pacific Standard Time. That’s 4 weeks from today and over this time we’re going to leave the game up and running for you to continue to enjoy but we will not be accepting any more purchases. To help you enjoy these final 4 weeks we’re going to make Gold available free of charge and we’ll shortly be posting news on the forums about how to deal with refunds of unused Gold. Thank you very much for all the testing, feedback and support!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Least surprising announcement of the year goes to...

I do hope United Front can bounce back from it, though. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I was just thinking today about how I miss Sleepy Dogs, and imagined there being news about it. This is not the kind of news I was hoping for.

edit: On the other hand, this is at least a nice consolation.

https://forums.triadwars.com/discussion/7044/is-going-to-come-out-a-new-version-of-the-game posted:

I play more than six months in this game and you let me believe the game is going to evolve and not closed.every day I spend on this game 4 hours a day and I got to level 50.Who will have all those hours they were discarded.
I just wanted to remind you that such a thing someone can sue you.
You should know that you are whole community disappointment over 10 thousand players.
You made people imagine that they are going to get things done.
You are a big company but if you develop a society that can not do good to play a more open game if you close this game you and cause failure.
And I will never forget your 2 these companies: Square Enix United Front Games.
They gave me and all the people here live in the film and wait over six months - a year.
I personally and all those who I know will not buy from you than playing now or in the future, and I suggest that you consider again whether to close the game.
Again I remind you that you risk being prosecuted.

RandallODim fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Dec 24, 2015

• Locked thread