Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

X-O posted:

Truck of salt required, but Bleeding Cool is reporting that among the relaunches set for later this year (Eternal Warrior, Harbinger, Archer and Armstrong) we'll also be getting a new Shadowman book by a new creative team. A new creative team means it's probably not Peter Milligan which is all I'm asking for because I thought his Shadowman stunk.

No Q&W? :O(

Also are all those relaunching under new teams? Are Ivar and Imperium are ending?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

zoux posted:

No Q&W? :O(

Also are all those relaunching under new teams? Are Ivar and Imperium are ending?

Eternal Warrior is the only one known at this point. Venditti (X-O Manowar) is writing and Raul Allen is on art. Imperium and Ivar are starting new arcs soon, so I think they'll be around at least through issue 12 of each if not longer. Though Ivar is building to the Ending History story which sounds ominous.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

If the relaunches are later this year, they they'd have to be in next month's solicits huh? November solicits came out last week.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

zoux posted:

If the relaunches are later this year, they they'd have to be in next month's solicits huh? November solicits came out last week.

Well Eternal Warrior is already solicited for November. I'm guessing they'll drop a new one in December as well and hold off the rest until 2016.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

So it is. I count seven titles solicited, so that gives them room for 2 more if they are super strict about offering no more than 9 titles.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I think they could sustain three monthlies every week, but they also seem content to use the same talent on the properties in order to build a cohesive universe so I'm not sure with the just that brain trust of writers you can sustain that many books. Especially when most of them are doing other things outside of Valiant as well.

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.
Imperium has always seemed to me to be a limited series bridging two volumes of Harbinger, but maybe they'll run it in parallel with the second volume?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Just as long as Major Mech sticks around.

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.
It's "Sunlight on Snow", drat it!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah I always though Imperium was more of a detour before going back to Harbinger. Wouldn't surprise me at all if ended after 12 issues to make way for a new Harbinger by Dysart.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

So about Divinity. I picked it up because the premise sounded interesting but I dropped it after #2 when all the other superheroes showed up. I really wasnt interested in a superhero fight and it seemed like wasted potential for such a story. Was I judging too harshly or is it pretty much superhero stuff after that?

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!

SynthOrange posted:

So about Divinity. I picked it up because the premise sounded interesting but I dropped it after #2 when all the other superheroes showed up. I really wasnt interested in a superhero fight and it seemed like wasted potential for such a story. Was I judging too harshly or is it pretty much superhero stuff after that?

There is some of that for sure, but give it another try. You are halfway through anyway, and there is plenty of good 'not fighting' stuff coming up.

Speaking of Divinity, his use in Imperium is great, but multiple readings were needed to figure out what was going on.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Valiant groupees going on now

For $15 you get:
-7 volumes of XO Manowar
-3 volumes of harbinger
-3 volumes of unity
-Everything related to armor hunters
-3 volumes of Eternal Warrior
-Doctor Mirage Vol 1
-Shadowman Vol 1
-Quantum and Woody Vol 1
-Archer & Armstrong Vol 1
-The Delinquents
-Rai vol 1
-A random smattering of issues - mainly #1's or Zero issues

There are also 10 and 5 dollar bundles available. More stuff will apparently become available.

Thinking about getting into Valiant? DO IT!

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

If you got the previous Valiant Humble Bundle this adds 4 XO volumes, 1 Unity, 1 Eternal Warrior, finishes Rai, and has some other random stuff. Hopefully (if you have the HB) the bonuses focus away from A&A/Q&W as the HB had a lot more of that.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That's a lot of great comics for such a cheap price. For $15 bucks you'd be dumb not get that even if you have a few already.

Tequila Bob
Nov 2, 2011

IT'S HAL TIME, CHUMPS
Shadowman is coming back, in Ninjak's comics: http://www.ew.com/article/2015/09/01/shadowman-valiant-operation-deadside. Will Jack Boniface become an interesting character, at last?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

With Matt Kindt writing him I'm sure he will. Justin Jordan did well with him. I'm more interested in seeing if Kindt can actually make Punk Mambo not terrible. That would be a real miracle.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Tell you what, one of the things I like about Ninjak is how the backup is serving as like a greater arc that ties everything in the main story together.

Book of Death: Ninjak wasn't as great as the bloodshot one, and it exposed kindt's annoying habit of "oh no, they had done their super impossible to defeat thing! But little did they know I had already preempted that previously off panel and I was totally ready for that!!!" something about that style of storytelling feels childish I guess. What is the point of creating an obstacle for your hero if your hero has already overcome it without telling us?

Anyway, ninjak is still great, I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

New thread incoming.

• Locked thread