Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gogisha
Sep 16, 2006

Takin' it slow at the speed of light.
So after messing up where I should post this, just wanted to say I've been digging the relaunch so far. I'm a pretty big continuity junkie (it's not a make or break thing, I just like when books reference each other) so hearing that Valiant tried to have things line up generally among their books (and having not read any before the reboot) got me interested in the relaunch in the first place.

Harbinger has probably been my favorite so far, partly because I like that the main character is a dick and getting superpowers doesn't mean you'll instantly become a superhero or a comical villain. It also reminds me of Akira in a weird way, what with the shadowy organization of psychics and the on the road delinquent aspect of it. Archer & Armstrong is working it's way to a close second though, both despite and because of how hilariously left wing it's been so far. They seem to be going about it with a good dose of humor though, and Archer himself isn't presented as zonkers like his parents are. I particularly enjoyed that the cover of this week's issue had a review quote that called the book "Brain numbing propaganda."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread