Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

As I understand it, they had a license for the original Gold Key incarnations of the characters, but weren't really doing anything, so they hired Jim Shooter to splort out some new books. They didn't really sell. I think they wrapped up fairly recently.

See, the Gold Key characters were originally licensed by Valiant so that they'd be able to have some implied history. I've never been that fond of them--except Magnus Robot Fighter. He's a dude who punches out robots, come on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

Honestly, even as a fan of the original Valiant books, it was just a bog standard lovely 90's crossover event. There's some supervillain that wants to blow up the universe for nebuluous reasons and she's doing it from the place outside of time where Turok: Dinosaur Hunter hunts dinosaurs (which is like a block up the street from where/when Magnus: Robot Fighter fights robots). All the heroes from the modern time got sucked up to go fight her and their books got horribly derailed for like two or three issues. Finally, they beat her and dump her in a ditch outside of history where she can't get back to the universe somehow.

• Locked thread